Has anyone tried accupuncture with chinese herbs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suexi, Jan 21, 2006.

1. suexi

suexi New Member

Hi all, just wondering if anyone tried this and did it help at all. I am thinking about it but it is very costly.
    Input greatly appreciated,

Susan
  2. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Yes, I currently do accupuncture and herbs.

I believe it's one of the best things we can do for ourselves. It's probably the only thing that is going bring balance to my endocrine system and give me back my immune system. The only drawback is the expense. And well...the herbs. My chinese doctor has me boil them in a pot that I had to buy. You drink them twice a day for several days. They are very powerful.

If you can do this, I highly recommend it!!

Good luck to you.

skierchik
  3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Susan,
    Yes, I've been going for acupuncture treatments regularly. In my state, WA, insurance is required to provide coverage for certain complementary therapies.

It helps me a lot. For example, I was having a lot of trouble with sleeping. Tried many different herbal combos (I didn't want RX). Had some improvement but not enough.

With acupuncture treatments and a chinese herbal medicine, I finally started to get the full 8 hr. sleep I needed.

Also, it helps w/pain a lot. Most recently I'm going through Lyme treatment. So the acupuncture is helping me with detoxification and liver support.

It's most important to find a really good acupuncturist. I've been to several before finding one that is really excellent.

About the cost, some acupuncturists may offer you a "package" deal. You can space out the treatments. I just go every 3 weeks since my insurance will cover 16 visits per year.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon,
    Hopeful4
  4. Ladyhurt

Ladyhurt New Member

I want to try it but whats the use nothing works, sorry if i sound like a biatch but i feel like there is no hope.
    Ladyhurt
  5. suexi

suexi New Member

Skerchick; Yes I have heard the tea tastes really bad. By powerful; what exactly do you mean? Does it make you sick?

Dianna88: Where in Southern cal. is this guy??? I am in S.C. also. the one I may go to is in Upland. Hear he is really good.

Ladyhurt: Yes i know what you mean, I had 2 people on another board tell me: "dont do it"; it doesnt work. But the feedback here is more positive so I just might go for it.
  6. mariee

mariee Member

Another gal fr. SO Ca. Hey! Now I don't feel so all alone. Just moved to the "IE" and need a good doc and interested in accupuncture. Willing to drive somewhat of a distance...
    Any help would be appreciated. The "ggod docs list doesn't have anyone in my area.....!
    Upland is good!
    Thanks
    Marie
  7. suexi

suexi New Member

where in s.c. are you? I rarely see anyone on here so close?
  8. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

On 9th visit, feel more energy, had a cold for the last 10 days, usually down and out, not moving, this time, didn't feel any worse. Yes, it's expensive.

The herbs help.

Love the tea, and I'm not a big tea drinker. It's not bitter or strong at all!
  9. skierchik

skierchik New Member

By powerful herbs, I mean very effective and altering. For example, because of toxicity due to 4 surgeries in 4 months and all the meds that go with it, I was very ill when I saw Ming. She told me my liver/kidney function was only 30% and that completely made sense to me. She started giving me herbs on the weaker side so as to get me stronger. But as I got stronger, the herbs got stronger (she was trying to clean my blood) and at times it was too much. I would feel alittle funny, like lite headed for only a second or two. It would force me to have to rest, but that's what my body needed and I'm alway fighting that. If I have a little bit of energy, I always want to use it right up doing something; instead of allowing my body to heal.

But here's another example....just last week, she put me back on herbs and this time instead of using them to clean my blood(she lets me do that with my ionic foot cleansing machine now) or to kill virus', she's using them to increase and balance my immune system. I have felt no negative side effects from these herbs. The herbs come directly from China. When looking at them you see twigs, nut like things, bark, muchroom type pieces. They never, ever taste good. This is not chinese tea. These are medicimal herbs. Think of them as medicine. This is what you want to look for when finding an accupuncturist. I see her tomorrow and I will ask if she knows someone in the souther cal area.

I just don't want you to underestimate the power of chinese medicine. Sometimes you will feel great after the session(I alway fall asleep during it) and have more energy the next day and sometimes it take a week before I get the energy from it. Ming's always trying to balance my chi(energy) and sometimes I won't feel so great for a week or so and then boom! it kicks in.

The most important thing here is to find a well educated chinese(preferrably) accupuncturist w/many years of experience. Ming charges $90.00 per session, not including the cost of herbs ($24 for 3 bags). She spends an hour with me at each session and will explain everything. She will take as much time as I need. She also knows Western medicine too, she doesn't use it, but she understands it and the consequences of taking medications. I asked her about Cortisol therapy for my adrenal glands and she wasn't totally against it, but she also said that chinese medicine can replace it. I give her all my confidence that she can make a difference; it just takes time.

Hopes this helps, but don't hesitate to ask more questions.LOL!!

skierchik
  10. suexi

suexi New Member

skerchik: Does she make you go on strict diet?

Susan
  11. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I go to Magan Clinic in Covina. I've seen Dr. Nepomesino about FM and although she doesn't treat for this she is very understanding and knowledgeable. She told me about a woman's seminar that is upcoming......I think it was the Anaheim (staples)?Convention center around april. She said there would be lots of alternative medicine doctors there. If you are interested you could contact her secretary about when and where.

Dianna......I have also been taking sublingual B for at least 6 weeks and I'm finding I'm getting more energy from it.[This Message was Edited on 01/23/2006]
  12. suexi

suexi New Member

can you get sublingual B at a vitamin store. Is that B-12?

Susan