Has anyone tried Apple Cider Vinager to lose weight?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by namow, Jan 5, 2010.

1. namow

namow New Member

I am trying to lose some weight and some friends mentioned the Apple Cider Vinegar, is it true?? I really would like to lose some weight fast.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Apple Cider Vinegar weight loss is a myth. You can't lose weight fast - at least not in a healthy way. You don't gain weight overnight, and, unfortunately, you can't lose it overnight either.

Check out Dr. Oz's website for some good weight loss ideas.
  3. namow

namow New Member

I know that it is not healthy to lose weight fast but at least see that you are losing, I am actually walking on a treadmill but I am not losing any and have been cutting down on sugar and carbohidrates ans specially on snacks....WHAT DO I DO???????????
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Are you doing any weight lifting type exercise? Aerobic exercise and diet aren't always enough for weight loss. In fact, some experts are now recommending weight lifting as the number one most effective thing you can do to lose weight.
  5. quanked

quanked New Member

what is apple cider vinegar used for in terms of supplement? I have some but as dumb as it sounds I cannot remember why I bought it!
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

the most common use is to help if you have low acid in your stomach and the resultant digestive issues

there are many many claims made about ACV, though, so that may not be the reason you bought it......I am open to alt stuff, but in my opinion, aside from the stomach issues, the majority of the claims are not supported by any science whatsoever

oh, some people also use it topically for their hair ( scalp conditions, shampoo, conditioner, shine enhancer), and that does seem to make sense, too
  7. jole

jole Member

I was told to take apple cider vinegar for candida. It did seem to help that, and I took it for a long time. Unfortunately, it did nothing for my weight.

Since exercise is out of the question for me, the only way I can lose weight is a strict diet of nothing but meat, green salads, raw veggies, and very few fruits. It will come off fairly quickly and stays off. Unfortunately, I'm a sweets-aholic......so I never seem to last. I'm just like an alcoholic....one dessert and I'm done for...lol...
  8. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

There was a fad diet about 40 years ago: vinager, lecithin, and something else.
    Maybe a vitamin.

Haven't heard about it for decades. I guess if it really worked, we'd know
    about by now.

20 years ago when I had more energy, I walked for an hour a day and listened
    to my Walkman. Lost about 15 pounds the first 2 months. But don't gots
    no energy nowadays.

Good luck

Rock