Has anyone tried cod liver oil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PianoGirl, Jul 11, 2006.

1. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

My chiropractor suggested using the stuff, said if you take it, that it will definitely help with the fibro and aches and pains.

I got a bottle of it, just started it, actually isn't as nasty tasting as i was afraid it would be, it's orange flavored. But the texture of putting that oil in my mouth just makes me crazy.

Anybody have any good results from using it?

Thanks!
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I hear that it's great also but I've never tried it. As soon as my fish oil and flaxseed oil runs out, I hope to get some.... If I can remember by then!
  3. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I used it for pain for about 2-3 years. I do not know if it helped or not. I get more relief from magnesium tablets and cream

I do not take the cod liver oil now - I am trying emu oil. I do not know if it helps.
  4. WinniethePoohA

WinniethePoohA New Member

try taking it in liquid form about 55-60 min. after you eat. W/stomach in full digetive mode, many meds, vitamins, supplements go down more easily.

Carlson/other Norwegian oils are superior due to cleaner waters.
  5. sukis

sukis New Member

hi piano girl,
    i have been taking it for yrs for my back pain i take 5 ml and 10 ml of milk once a week. you have to take it every day for 6 weeks then once a week. i left it off once and my back started hurting again. so i had to start all over again, so i will never stop taking it again hope this helps yours sukis
  6. gnanny

gnanny New Member

In theory it sounds great. I could not get past the oily texture. Was like crisco shooters, yuck!
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

When we were kids in Uk years ago, we had to line up each day and get a tablespoon of codliveroil(which was toxin free then)and free orange juice that was shipped from California highly concentrated in little bottles. We also got free milk.

Well, I wanted to say that these days you are far beter getting your Omega threes from small fish oils, like anchovies and sardines as they have really no mercury or toxins due to their short life span and size. Also best to get them from cold water source.

Omega threes are wonderful as in our present diet we have an imbalnce of Omega 6(too much) so it is a good idea. Just get the small fish oil, or eat sardines every day!!!

LOL-I just sopent extra getting enteric coated capsules only to discover they were so big that I have to cut them open anyway and empty them into food to get them down. I take 1,000 units a day. On pain docs advice.

Love Anne Cromwell

PS if you freeze the capsules they get to your intesting before they can make you burp or get enteric ones.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/12/2006]