Has anyone tried DLPA for pain??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by kbak, Jun 2, 2005.

1. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    Just looking to see if anyone has tried DLPA ( DL-Phenylalanine) for pain. I've read quite a bit about it, and sounded like it gave really good pain relief. Would love input from anyone familiar with it.

Thanks,
    Kathe
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

I have been using it for about a year. Ran out a month ago and just havent bought more. I think I will tomorrow. I also take it with L-Tyrosine. Does pretty good at releiving pain for me. I have pain about 9 on scale of 1-10 and together they bring me to about a 5. I take double the dose on the bottle, early in the day, as the tyrosine will keep me awake. I can manage without pain meds at this level. I also have a LOT LESS tremors when using this. It is tooted for Parkinsons too. Helps your body make Dopamine. And epinephrine. I use supplements in place of almost all drugs I used to take. I also use L-tryptophan 1500 mg. and Doxepin 10 mg at night. This replaces the 125 mg of Doxepin I used to take. The only other drug I take is Atenolol 25 mg for tackycardia. The only time I was able to go off that was when I used Cholestyramine 2 years ago.

I have posted many times about the DL-phenylalanine and can read my old posts. Good luck trying it, I love it.
  4. lea

lea Member

How much do you take of he Dlpa and tyrosine? And does it have to build up to work?

thank you
    lea
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

are both Amino Acids. I buy both in 500 mg. and used to take one of each sometime in the morning, hopefully, before lunch as the Tyrosine will keep me awake. I recently started taking 2 of each and that works a little better for me, not twice as good, just a little better. Even though I haven't taken any in about a month now, I will notice good pain relief the first or second day I take it, and you DO see improvement as you continue taking it, and the Tyrosine is WONDERFUL for getting rid of daytime drowsyness. Both are CHEAP, about $10 or less. Can get them in any health food store like Vitamin World.

My ALL TIME FAVORITE Amino Acid is L-Tryptophan. Nothing I have even taken for sleep has come ANYWHERE close to Tryptophan. Been using that for 4 years. Everynight, religiously. I would also recommend using, at least sporadically, an Amino Acid Complex so as not to become heavy on some and deficient on others. Just like you wouldn't take B-6 without taking a B-Complex or take the B's without a Multi. I buy mine online at BIOS, or Nokomis Nutrition or SmartBomb. About $22-42 for one month.

Good luck.
  6. kbak

kbak Member

ellie,
    that is wonderful info, Thanks!

kathe