Has anyone tried domperidone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, Feb 28, 2009.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

I have colitis, both collagenous and ulcerative, also gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach). I've been having diarrhea roughly every half hour since 6 o'clock last night. The doctors have all taken off for the weekend, and I hate the idea of going to the ER. They'll admit me and feed me intravenously for the next 3 or 4 days. I see several websites in Canada where I can buy domperidone without a prescription. Has anyone had good results with this drug?

Help, please.

2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

As far as I know it is illegal to get this med without a prescription. It was when I lived in Canada and it is here in the US as well. I would be very careful about buying something like that online and getting yourself into big trouble.

Your only option may be an ER unfortunately. It is better than buying meds illegally and getting caught.
  3. toddm

toddm New Member

U.S. doctors can write a script for Motilium from Canadian drug stores, now if your GI doc doesn't know of a drug store that could be a problem. It's not illegal it's just a matter of them working with a drug store in Canada. My total cost with shipping (it's always sent FedEx for me) is around $40.00. Have you had a transit time study done yet? My grastric transit is around 8 hours, my total is 120 hours. Motilium only helped alittle for me, but others that have longer transit times have had a very good luck with it. I hope it works for you and that you start to feel better soon.
  4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

You are right, it is not illegal if you have a prescription...I was saying that it was illegal WITHOUT a prescription because that is the impression I got from the original poster, that she did not have a prescription as of yet. To order from Canada to US you need a US script and then a Canadian doc to co-sign for it (the pharms usually have one that will do it) and then you can order it.

If you are ordering in your own respective country then you need a script from a doc in that country to legally buy it, whether you are buying it online or at a pharm.

If there are websites out there offering it without a prescription then they are illegal to both countries.