Has anyone tried Dr. Teitelbaum's treatment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, Sep 28, 2005.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

I'm reading from "From Fatigued to Fantastic" by Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D., and wondering if his treatment really works. It sounds good, and he backs it up scientifically, but what do other doctors say about his work? There's a lot that turns up on Google about him, but nothing from a truly scientific site (of course I didn't look through all 40,000 and some sites)! Has anyone here tried his recommendations?

GinnyB
  2. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

I'm not sure how it works for other people, but it didn't work for me at all. I saw him personally and paid $5800 for it. He was upfront about the costs, but I was desparate too. I had read his book and found he lived nearby and he was the first doctor I went to. He ran all the tests and then some that he talks about in his book. I tried several combinations of supplements, vitamins and prescription medication, but to no avail. I have now lived with this for about 10 years and have yet to find an answer. I have times of partial remission from symptoms and then other times I crash and burn with terrible symptoms for 12-18 months. It's just been very up and down for me. I don't want to speak badly about him because they keep saying he's really helping people, but I have yet to speak to someone personally who's seen him that feels they were helped by his protocol.

Just wanted to let you know.

Take care.

3. Kay31

Kay31 Member

I am simply shocked at what doctors like Teitlebaum and others (I saw one of them) are charging....especially when insurance won't cover them.

Trouble is, we're all so desperate to find a way out of this miserable disease, we'll try almost anything!

But these doctors (supposedly brilliant and caring) don't give a good damn about what they charge.

I was even charged for a quick follow-up call. Anybody else feel this way?

Kay 31
  4. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Well, Dr. Titelbaum makes no bones about it--some people simply aren't helped at all with his protocol. I live about 3 hours from him, but I don't drive anymore (too dizzy most days), and my husband works mornings (we're both on Social Security). Also, I don't have anything close to $5800, at least not for doctor bills. Yes, Kay, I feel the way you do about what doctors charge. It's a disgrace. Anyway, I think I'll mention a couple of things to my rheumatologist that sound as though they might help, and see what she says. Thanks to all of you for your input. GinnyB