Has anyone tried electric therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diggity, Sep 24, 2002.

1. diggity

diggity New Member

I'm in physical therapy. So far it has been warm water pool therapy. It feels really good when I'm in the pool, but when I get out it seems like nothing is any different. I'm supposed to go again in the morning and they told me that I would be doing "land" therapy. She said it will consist of electricity and heat on the most painful places. I've never seen, or had this done before and I'm curious about it. Have any of you ever had this kind of therapy before? What did you think about it?
  2. diggity

diggity New Member

I'm in physical therapy. So far it has been warm water pool therapy. It feels really good when I'm in the pool, but when I get out it seems like nothing is any different. I'm supposed to go again in the morning and they told me that I would be doing "land" therapy. She said it will consist of electricity and heat on the most painful places. I've never seen, or had this done before and I'm curious about it. Have any of you ever had this kind of therapy before? What did you think about it?
  3. herblady

herblady New Member

i've had it for two different conditions and i love it. it's soothing and it works. although it takes several sessions for a good improvement. cindi
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are different types. The new TENS Pro 900 delivers a "punch" of healing electrical voltage directly into the tender spots. It feels about like the tender spot injections. It is relatively new.

I won't let anybody mess with my tender spots in any way. I'm using the Guai treatment and it has greatly reduced the pain in my tender spots.

Love, Mikie
  5. WVMountaineer

WVMountaineer New Member

And just what is the Quai Treatment??? Thanks!
  6. diggity

diggity New Member

They hooked it up to my back and my neck/shoulders. I don't know exactly what kind it was as they only called it e-something (darn brain fog). Anyway it was a gentle "spreading" of electricity into my back and shoulders. I was also laying on heat mats at the time. The electricity felt at first like little bites, but as it was increased it was more of a tingling sensation. It was unusual but felt very good. I'm sure that I will need more than one treatment to feel a big difference, but if I had to rate it from this single treatment, I would say it felt good while it lasted, but when removed I felt no difference. I will continue with this therapy and give it a chance to make a difference. If nothing else, it was nice to lay there being electrically massaged and nicely warm; I think if they had turned out the lights I might have finally got a little sleep. :eek:)
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the description. I'm glad it was not uncomfortable, quite the opposite. Keep us updated.

Dear WV, it's called Guaifenesin and it's a medication and long-term treatment. I hate to do this, but I'm really exhausted, so I'll refer you to the search feature here to bring up earlier posts on this treatment.

Use your search engine to find the website for Dr. St. Amand, the author of, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA." You can read part of the book online.

There's just too much to the protocol to go into it here.

Love, Mikie
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I have tried electrotherapy....and it didn't help me. I tried one session daily for a week....and then gave up. It didnt seem to help me. I have used it prior to CFS and FMS on sore muscles and had good results. I also used the tens unit on a patient with Cerebral Palsy, as instructed by her doctor, and found it gave her relief from pain due to the muscle spasms and rigidity, that she experiences.
    Karen

[ advertisement ]