Has anyone tried Garden of Life's RM10?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoenixrising2, Jul 8, 2006.

1. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

If so, what has been your experiences with it?

I just got my order of Primal Defense yesterday and there was a lot of good sounding info about RM-10 made by the same company. The brochure talked about a pilot clinical study done by a Dr. Dorman that seemed to have good results. The patients included in the study had been put on a standard detoxification diet but were classified as "nonresponders." They were then put on RM-10.

I am very pleased with the Primal Defense and have been taking it for over a year. I think it's a very good product, although a little pricey.

Anyway, I would like to hear anyone's experiences or thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Phoenix
  2. phoenixrising2

3. tandy

tandy New Member

I was on primal defense too,...but when I ran out I did'nt rebuy it. well,...my body feels it!!
    I love the primal defense!! I'm gonna order it tomorrow
    and get back on it~ it helped my IBS.

I'm very interested in the RM-10.
    I'm tempted to try this too,...and may.
    The 'for your inflammation' sounds good too.(by garden of life)
    but the RM 10 studys are pretty astounding!

If I try it, I'll post with an update.
    It sounds really good!!!
    best of Luck!
    Tandy

4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Do they really have studies? That would be great. My ND called them for studies about Primal Defense and they refused to let her see anything. As a result, she won't recommned it.

Kathy.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

it is the only probiotic that has made me more regular than I've ever been in my life.

What is the rm10 stuff though? What does it do?

Jeanne
  6. phoenixrising2

Thanks for your insights on these products.

Primal Defense has helped both my husband and I. We both had IBS and my system was so messed up from antibiotics. It has helped with my candida, too. I've taken antibiotics for so long that I really had a problem with thrush, etc.

Because I have been so pleased with the Primal Defense, I thought if the RM-10 was as helpful as the Primal Defense, maybe I should try it.

The following is from the brochure I got on the RM-10 about the study conducted: (and not in the exact order)

The wide range of glyconutrients present in the formula makes it effective for both overactive and underactive immune systems. It is this variation that is a key to the alchemy of RM-10.

The study was conducted by Missouri physician Lawrence Dorman D.O., one of the founding members of American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) and graduate of the University of Health Sciences in Kansas City. Dorman has been praticing nutritional medicine 30 years.

Patients included in the Dorman study had been put on a standard detoxification diet but were classified as "nonresponders." Most doctors would have given up on them, and the patients would have gone from doctor to doctor and therapy to therapy in quest of the healing response.

"RM-10", says Dr. dorman, "is one of the most phenomenal healing agents I have ever used. It is up there with the greatest products. I had worked with some of these patients for years and never gotten results."

It goes on to say it helped people with severe rhematoid arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, colitis, gastritis, indigestion, angina, tendonitis, cardiac arrhythmias, etc.

It also says:

The promising results of the laboratory and clinical studies are scheduled to be published in an internationally esteemed immune journal this summer. Some of these studies were performed by Dr. Pierre Braquet, Ph.D., and chief executive officer of Bio-Inova research laboratories, Paris and Montreal. A noted researcher who studies both phamaceutical and nutraceutical compounds, Dr. Braquet is credited for his discovery of some of the primary components of the herb Ginkgo biloba.

If it's half as good as it sounds, it would be wonderful! That's why I was wondering if anyone had used it and what they thought about it.

Tandy, I hadn't heard of the "for your inflammation", but will have to check it out.

Hugs,

Phoenix
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It does sound good. I'll have to give it some consideration. Their stuff is expensive but if it helps, it's worth it. Let us know if you decide to try it.

Kathy.
  8. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

hi i used the primal defense and tried the rm-10. i really don't think it did anything. i do like the primal defense, it helped a lot with my candida. the rm-10 was pricey, and you had to take a lot of pills, if i remember correctly.
    i was also going to a new complementary doc at the time & he wanted me to take a lot of other things, so i think that was why i stopped. it may be worth a try though, everyone is different.
    good luck
    anne
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi,.. me again~
    I beleive it has many kinds of mushrooms in it.
    known to be strong healing agents from way back.
    also,..... it acts as an immune modulator. (??? I think) thats how I understand it.

Theres alot of great info in a book all about the Garden of Life products. Its called Patient Heal Thyself.

I lucked out and found it at a garage sale a few yrs ago for a buck!! LOL
    and this book kept my interest all the way thru it!! Its all about the products from Garden of Life,..how they came about and what illnesses they help. etc.....
    Thats what made me try Primal defense to begin with.

Theyre products are a lil more money (kinda alot more $ :)
    But they seem to be top of the line.
    I believe what makes the primal stand on its own is it has soil organisms added to its formula.
    I have'nt been able to find that in any other product.

Don't forget you Magnesium and malic acid!!
    Together they help with muscle pain.
    For me personally,..the mag/malic,and primal has made the biggest difference as far as supplements.
    (I've tried alot!!) wasted alot of money.
    Hope this helps~
    I'm ordering mine again tonigh.
    PS. Swanson has good prices :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
    adding: the inflammation product by G.O.L is callled FYI.

10. phoenixrising2

Kathy - I'll let you know if I decide to use it and how it goes. I'm going on a week's vacation starting Tuesday, so won't do anything until I get back.

Anne - Thanks for letting me know your experience. Yes, it is a lot of pills. I think it's something like 9 a day for 10 days, 5 a day for 80 days and then a maintenance dosage of 1 to 2 caplets twice a day. So, it is expensive. And, like you say, what helps one may not help another.

Tandy - You're right about the different mushrooms and it being an immune modulator. You lucky girl, getting the book "Patient Heal Thyself" for a dollar in a garage sale. I've been thinking about ordering it myself. Maybe I should look at garage sales first. :eek:)

I've been taking calcium, magnesium & zinc. I must change to the magnesium & malic acid. I've heard people talk about it on here and thought I was taking the same thing until I looked at my bottle!

Be sure and let us know about the RM-10 if you do order it. Thanks for letting me know about Swanson's, too.

I know what you mean about wasting a lot of money on things that didn't work. Wish I had what I have spent over the years!

Hugs,
    Phoenix