Has Anyone Tried Holy Basil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marta608, May 30, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

The lady at the health food store swears it's helping many of her customers with anxiety. Of course I bought some but I haven't tried it yet.

Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks.

Marta
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I haven't tried it myself, but from what I remember, it's supposed to lower cortisol levels and have a beneficial effect on sleep. Curious about anyone here who's had experience with it. Did you notice a difference while taking it?
    (( )) Shannon
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Maybe no one has tried it. EEK. I may have to be the guinea pig!

I'll bump it for another day.

Marta
  5. ulala

ulala New Member

and have been trying to figure out where to purchase it for a better price. It does work, this was my third bottle that I have finished. It doesn't give a dramatic effect, but it does help.

I bought mine at a local health food store, it's Gaia Herbs brand. I was comparing Swansom Vitamin's brand to this and still have not made up my mind of where to buy, but it's a keeper...
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you!!!

Can you tell us a bit more about how it helped you, when you took it (time of day), did it help with sleep or just a general sense of well-being? Did you feel (whatever you felt) with the first dose or does it take a while?

It sure is expensive. I paid $30 for 30 capsules and the dosage is two per day. Formulated and distributed by New Chapter, Inc. out of VT. I've decided that whatever else it is, this illness is not cheap!

Hmmm, in fact, I think I'll post a message just to you in case you don't get back here.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]