Has anyone tried Lyrica for fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katbird7, Oct 11, 2005.

1. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

My rheumatologist just put me on Lyrica. Supposed to be brand new for fibro. I've only been on it 8 days. You have to work up to full dosage in a 3 week period. It causes some dizziness, but fades away after a while of taking the pill. I see maybe a slight improvement, but hoping that I will see more when I get on full dosage. Just wondered if anyone on full dosage can tell a significant difference. My doc says I will, but a little sceptical because nothing else has worked. Just wondered what someone else has to say. Thanks, katbird7
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I've read about it on the board quite a bit but I can't remember who is on it!!

Is this the new version of Neurotin?

I am on Neurotin, Cymbalta, and Zanaflex for the fibro.

I'll have to ask my doc about the Lyrica!

Take care,
    Janet
  3. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

My FFC Dr. in Denver is sending me some samples to try to see if it will work. You said you had some dizziness, is it like taking vicoden?

I can't wait to try it, I am in a heck of a lot pain and need relief.

Marcia
  4. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

Yes, I was told by the Pharmacist that this was a better replacement for Neurotin. My doc never put me on it said it would zap me too much--Lyrica doesn't do that. I have just felt staggering and a little bit dreamy. I am not suppose to drive with it, but since I'm still on low dosage it wears off by late afternoon. Next week start full dosage. I'll keep you informed. I can still take my other meds with it. Doesn't interact with anything-Doc just said go ahead and take my Klonopin (night for sleep), Lortab, and Soma with it. The Pharmacist said they had heard very good results from people taking it. Doc said he put his sister who had fibro really bad was like a different person!
  5. spasco

spasco New Member

I've been taking it for about 3 wks. I am on a low dose, 50mg 2 times a day. It has significantly decreased my scalp pain. My FM pain has lessened a bit. I am no longer in a constant state of fogginess. No side effects so far.

God bless! Stephanie
  6. severina

severina New Member

Im on 600mg per day.
    If you search back to my previous posts you will see my updates.
    Currently I am suffering from bad chest,collarbone and rib pain (costo) so I can say as far as Im concerned,I dont think its a *miracle* cure - but for some, it may be.
  7. fahan

fahan New Member

maybe it'll help some even in the long run. I've

noticed not only are we all hoping and praying for any help we can get for relief, we will try anything!

Some seem to be pushing this lyrica as if they are getting paid, I'm very happy it's working for them.

I'm still in the hoping and praying as it wasn't good for me!
    Good Luck to you all that it is helping! fahan