Has anyone tried Lyrica? It's new for fibro.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JencyH, Oct 31, 2005.

1. JencyH

JencyH New Member

I just started it. It is supposed to work in 1 week, 2 caps per day. I don't know what it is supposed to do exactly. I read that it is a spin-off of Neurontin with less side effects. I have been feeling horrible this past summer and now into fall. I just cannot get out of this rut. All of you understand. Not only do i have to deal with the pain and fatigue, but when i do have energy to do something, it either costs money or i know it will zap my energy. So what do you do when you live alone in a little apartment? Real limited income but i was lucky i got approved for SSDI and the long-term disability plan from work. How do you get your life back?
  2. ulala

ulala New Member

about Lyrica. Put Lyrica in the search at the top of the page and you will find the thread. There seem to be a lot of very happy people who are taking Lyrica.

I just started three days ago and I am feeling much better and I look better! It seems to really speed me up and I walked for 1 1/2 hours yesterday. I haven't walked for any distance in a LONG time. I used to run 10 miles a day so the walk felt great.

I hope that the Lyrica has as good of an effect on you, you will be out of your rut soon.

How much are you taking? I'm taking 50 mgs. twice a day. Read the thread and you will get a lot of info.

Best wishes for great ENERGY!

Tika