Has anyone tried Mangosteen for FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by legalwoman, Sep 12, 2005.

1. legalwoman

legalwoman New Member

I was at the doctor today and he recommended an herbal supplement called Mangosteen for my FM. He said he has been treating other fibro patients with it and has had good results. One of his patients is doing very well on it, and he said she has the worse case of FM he has ever seen.

I have a brochure, and a name and telephone number of a local distributor if I decide to try it. I wanted to know if anyone else had tried it and what kind of results they have had.

Marilyn
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

My mom has been taking mangosteen juice for arthritis and she swears by it! She bought me a bottle for my birthday, and I have to say, I don't like the taste of it! I am going to try mixing it with some other juice just to get it down. I haven't really given it a good shot yet. It is very expensive and my mother became a dealer to get reduced rates. She is taking a brand called xango juice.

Another poster awhile ago said the the pill form works just as well and it is a lot cheaper. You can probably do a search and find it. I would go with one of the main supplement companies online.

I am going to give it a try and see if it helps. Right now, I am doing pretty well with tramadol and neurontin, but if this works, maybe I can reduce my doses of both.

Take care, Sally
  3. legalwoman

legalwoman New Member

4. legalwoman

legalwoman New Member

5. gnanny

gnanny New Member

somedays I think its a draw as to which is worse the FMS or the arthritis.

Somedays I think I would try anything !
    Hoping someone else has some input.
  6. tgrier

tgrier New Member

I believe I noticed a difference, but like you said it's expensive to continue to buy so I stopped for a while now. But I think I need to start taking it again. I never heard of the pills. Where can you get them?
    Terry
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I take the pill form much cheaper .Plus I take a Probiotic with them.

Been 2 months now and I feel a slight difference in pain.

I will keep taking them.I bought a pack of 4 - 60 capsule bottles it was a buy 3 get 4 th free.If I did not feel it was working at all they give a refund.

Hope I can print this I got them from Natural Heath Labs .Go to there web sight.

Sue
  8. learning2live

learning2live New Member

I'm so glad you posted this, as I wasn't sure whether or not to muster up the energy to talk DH into taking yet another something he's never heard of. LOL

My aunt and uncle have just started drinking Xango a few weeks ago. They like it and are trying to talk me into becoming a distributor. I will have DH (He's the one with Fibro) try it before I would even consider selling it.

I look forward to hearing from more of you. If it even helps a little, it's worth talking DH into. ;)
  9. nannaof2zm

nannaof2zm New Member

Seriously try it. My pain went away in just about 3 days. My friend has FM and she has seen a remarkable difference. Listen you must have a wonderful doctor to suggest a natural course of treatment. Give it a try, it sure beats taken all those drugs with there side effects. Right.

Good luck!!!!
  10. nannaof2zm

nannaof2zm New Member

Seriously try it. My pain went away in just about 3 days. My friend has FM and she has seen a remarkable difference. Listen you must have a wonderful doctor to suggest a natural course of treatment. Give it a try, it sure beats taken all those drugs with there side effects. Right.

Good luck!!!!

Oh, and I get mine from a place called impact2health.com/jacknjackie go to their website and check it out. But mine is the juice. The information is very enlightning.[This Message was Edited on 09/13/2005]
  11. flipit

flipit New Member

Hi All,

You can find more information (lots of content) about the Mangosteen at http://mangosteen-juice-online.com. This is an information-only website about the Mangosteen.

Try to set aside some time to read and educate yourselves about the health benefits of Mangosteen, and what scientists and health practitioners are saying and have written about it.

All the best,
    Flipit