Has anyone tried Metabolife?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cmcm, Jun 2, 2003.

1. cmcm

cmcm New Member

I am trying to lose the weight this DD has made me gain and was wondering if anyone has tried this product? Or knows of another alternative?

Thanks,
    Cheryl
  2. cmcm

cmcm New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I did buy the Metabolife that is Ephedra free. Because I heard somewhere that Ephedra was not good for you.
    Congrats on the weight loss.That is wonderful. I am so idicted to carbs. That is mainly what I want, and I crave them like a smoker wants that cigarette. It is awful, and I don't think I could handle a low carb diet. Like this morning had a english muffin with a little peanutbutter on it, no butter. Then I would have a ham & cheese sandwich for lunch, and dinner last night was chicken broccoli penne alfredo. I don't know how I could ever give that up. You mentioned that carbs make you bloated, even your face. I have noticed on days I have a very bloated face when I get up in the morning. And every evening my stomach is so bloated I look pregnant. Do you think this is solely the carbs????? Maybe if I start to cut back slowly it will be easier on me. I don't think I would do well cold turkey.

Thanks again for answering my post.

Cheryl
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried Suzanne Somers diet? I am not overweight, but I did do her diet for the bloating and gas.
    It worked like a charm, but I had to just follow it for a couple of meals a day as I was losing weight I didn't need to lose.

My husband lost 40 lbs in about 7 weeks on her diet. You have a lot of food to eat, and are never hungry (my husband is a big eater and never complained about amounts).

Its the separating principle, just pick up one of her books, and see if you think you can handle it.

Also put her name in the 'Search Messages', Mike and a lot of others here have also lost weight Somersizing, lots of great foods too.

I don't know anything about Metabolife. Just wanted to share Suzanne's diet with you.

I understand her latest book is the easiest to follow.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. cmcm

cmcm New Member

I will indeed look into Suzanne Somers books. Do you have to give up carbs??? I just love carbs, or a better word would be addicted to carbs. I crave them like a smoker craves cigarettes. Maybe there is something on the market that controls your hunger for carbs?
    Thank you for your response.

Cheryl
  5. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

FROM IT.

I HAD TO LOSE OVER 70LBS. I DID THIS BY WATCHING MY CARBS. I ALSO USED THE MEDICATION XENICAL WHICH YOU TAKE IF YOUR MEALS HAVE TOO MUCH FAT IN IT. BETWEEN EATING A LOW AMOUNT OF CARBS AND THE XENICAL I WAS ABLE TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. AFTER YOU WATCH YOUR CARBS YOU SHOULD LOOSE YOUR TASTE FOR CARB JUNK. HIGH PROTEIN DOES THIS TOO.

JUST MY THOUGHT AND WHAT WORKED WITH ME

GENTLE HUGS,
    JANICE
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Not give them up, but separate them from the protein and fats.

Strange thing about me, I practically live off of carbs and I am thin. Have problems maintaining my normal weight.

When Mike gets back on the board, she will help explain better than I. She lost over twenty pounds on Suzanne's diet lately.

Its been awhile since I used it, and my son has my book (fibro fog)I am lost without it.

Her diet is even good for diabetics. What my husband liked so much was he could eat till he was full. This guy likes to eat!

She also has great receipts for deserts too.

Shalom, Shirl