has anyone tried milk thistle?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jun 8, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I was watching DR Becker this morning and his program was on the liver, anyhow he listed illness that should benefit from taking milk thistle and one was cfs,
    I'm doing reseach on my hubbys condition of cardiomyopathy,which his liver, could be tied into this also.
    just wonder if anyone has tried this for cfs.
    Sixtyslady
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I've been taking it for about a month. I also take flaxseed oil, B-150, Calcium w/ vitamin D, magnesium. I don't really know if it works. I have been feeling better for the last two weeks or so. I also eat 2 to 3 ounces of raisins and some fresh cilantro and tumeric powder daily.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2006]
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

My mom takes every kind of "natural" supplement available. (Personally, I think she's a natural supplement junky!) LOL!!

But seriously, she takes it and swears by it.
    As for me...I tried it, but can't remember if it worked or not! Go figure.

Besides, I can't afford supplements and pills that aren't covered by my insurance.

Good luck!
  4. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I take milk thistle every day because my acupuncturist said that it would help my liver. (She does not sell it, so she does not have a vested interest in suggesting it.) I do not know if it does or not. How can one tell? It does not seem to do me any harm and is not too expensive so I take it and hope.
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

Hi, yes, I have had very good results with liver cleansing with milk thisle. I was dx'd with NASH (non-alcohol fatty liver), which many with CFS seem to get.

I had liver tests before and after a 6 months supply of milk thistle...and the benefits showed up in the liver enzyme results.

It's hard to feel what its doing, but I think it helped with food digestion and also helped me lose a few pounds without trying....don't know why.

Most health food stores carry reliable brands...you don't have to get the most expensive one in order for it to work.

Hope it helps you....
    findmind
  6. WendyC

WendyC New Member

research shows that it raises glutathione more effectively than taking glutathione supplements. Try a web search for glutathione and milk thistle and vitamin C. I take it every day and it has helped alot.
    wendyc
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thanks for all the input, I think I"M going to ad it to my supplements, and for my hubby to, when they did his angiogram they said he had gallstones so his liver could use some support.Dr Becker said to use it if you have to use spray for outdoors, or any kind of toxins, makes sense because the liver cleanse our bodies. thanks again
    Sixtyslady

[ advertisement ]