Has anyone tried Mirapex?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjwarchol, Feb 13, 2006.

1. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I recently read an article that was on the news in Chicago about using Mirapex for fibro pain. It is usually used for Parkinson's disease.

My doctor had heard of it's use and said we can think about trying it. Right now I use Soma, and Oxycontin. I would appreciate input from anyone who has tried it.

Thanks so much.

M J
  2. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

I felt hungover the next day - no matter what I did or how much I slept the night before. It helped me fall asleep but the next day fatigue was too much for me to continue taking it. I think others have had better luck though.

Jess
  3. ksc

ksc New Member

I've been on it for almost 3 yrs. It has completely changed my life around. On a scale of 1-10... I was at 10. Wondering if I could handle 20 more yrs of this endless pain. Then my internest sent me to Dr. David Dryland. He is a rhumy who use to have fibro.He put me on mirapex and within a few days my RLS was gone. Slowly my other symptoms went away or at least backed off. I still have a bad day- but the good out weigh the bad. You do have to follow the correct proticall(?SPELLED WRONG). He would give it to your doctor if he calls him for it. You only take it at night and start off on a small dose and work up. Dr. Dryland is in Medford, Oregon.
    Good Luck.
    Kathy
  4. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

I have been on Mirapex since January and it has helped soo much. I had to do all of the research for my Doc and with a lot of help from several people here I got enough to convince my doctor to put me on it.. I do not get sleepy taking it. I have not got nauseous as a lot of people report. What I have got is less pain and am able to move around more. Good luck to you!!

Neeter
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

but I take it for RLS. I've taken it for 6 years now, and I wouldn't be without it. I take .5 mg early in the afternoon and a full mg. at bedtime...it really controls my restless legs. Before that, I spent many sleepless nights walking around the house, because you just cannot lie still... Best wishes, Terri