Has anyone tried Moducare for immune system?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sheltieluv, Aug 30, 2005.

1. sheltieluv

sheltieluv New Member

I've had success using Moducare to get my dog (yes my dog) off predisone for an autoimmune disorder. I wondered if anyone had tried it for FM or CFS?
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I think I've used something like that, not sure if it was called Moducare or Moduline , but I live in Canada, so it could be called something different here. Could you discribe it abit, and then I might know. If it is the same thing I tried for a couple of month, it didn't do anything for me like they claimed.
  3. sheltieluv

sheltieluv New Member

It is a blend of plant sterols and sterolins from a natural pine source. They recommend two to three capsules a day to enhance the immune system.
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I researched it, but the price scared me off. I know someone who tried it and it dint' do anything for her either, though I do believe its a good product and can help many.

Jeanne
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

this is the same stuff I've tried. But I only tried it for a couple of months. Most herbal products you have to use along time to see results. Couldn't afford to keep using it with out seeing any benefits. Sorry
  6. yuckie

yuckie New Member

My naturopathic doctor recommended it. Unfortunately, I didn't notice any improvement. I stopped taking it about 5 months ago. Again, no change noticed. Take care, Janice
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

Both my CFS doc and my naturopath recommended it. It took me a couple of years to cough up the money and I finally tried it a few months ago. As has happened to me with so many things (including CoQ10) I had a terrible paradoxical reaction.

I could barely move with the exhaustion and the pain, legs and arms like cement.

I was told that this rarely happens but just be aware that it can happen to some people.

My two doctors have had some success in treating CFS/FM patients with Moducare. Just like CoQ10, it is a good product, but some people cannot tolerate it.

Pepper
  8. jess

jess New Member

I tried moducare when it first came out. Apparently I was allergic or sensitive to something in it..I broke out in welts and had terrible itching after a week. Maybe I was detoxing. I never tried it again. Jess
  9. lucky

lucky New Member

but unfortunately it did not help me. So I moved on to Olive Leaf Extract, but am taking an Immune Enhancer now from Kyolic which contains Aged Garlic and 5 different kinds of Chinese mushroom plus Magnesium which seems to be the best choice yet and is the least expensive from the other two.

Lucky

10. happygranny

happygranny Member

And she highly recommended it to me 2 years ago. However the price stopped me from trying it.

Just a few days ago I was thinking of giving it a try after all.

The woman who told me about it went from being quite disabled to going back to work as a nurse part time.

I have since moved away from that town and when I tried to phone her, she no longer lived there.

I was hoping to talk to her and find out she is still doing great and thanking Moducare.

Happygranny