Has anyone tried Montel Williams HealthMaster?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LdyM, Oct 19, 2009.

1. LdyM

LdyM New Member

It's an amped blender, called an emulsifier. Do you think it's worth the money?

Thanks for any replys, ***Ldy M
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

I saw it too and thought it was a solid idea. I juice and i know I am losing some valuable parts of the vegetables.

From his interviews, Montel looks for ways to improve his health and gain energy back.

I'd love to hear if you buy one - if you like it and would recommend it to others!

God Bless,

3. victoria

victoria New Member

I've had a Vitamix for over 20 years and it's held up quite well, does all the same things. My son has made a LOT of veggie "smoothies" with it, I can vouch for it liquifying certain veggies that I have no taste for while raw (like broccoli, lol, I'll only eat it cooked). The only thing I did was to get a new container, as the old one sold back then had a 'tap' that proved to be realllly difficult (read: impossible) to clean.

Vitamixers are about 2X the price, but the RPM is 37,500 compared to Healthmaster's 3,000 rpm. Vitamix has 2 models, depending on what you want to do... Their containers are polycarbonate, didn't notice what the Healthmaster used - but the Vitamix is used by a lot of raw foodists, so I'd assume it's stable. I have the old pro/commercial model which does everything... I guess the investment has paid off as it's never broken, thru periods of no use to heavy use.

Realize tho that if you use a lot of veggies that don't have a lot of water in them and you don't add in any extra, you'll end up with more of a 'raw soup' (btw, there's lots of ideas on line at raw food sites for recipes).

There's an interesting comparison chart for Vitamix and 2 other top of the line blenders used by people who are into raw foods, tho they don't include Williams' Healthmaster - but might prove useful for comparison to HM's info:

good luck, happy blending!

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 10/19/2009]
  4. spacee

spacee Member

I own Montel's emulsifier and love it. It is not a juicer which is one thing I like the most. Sorry but I have not figured out how to make the soup or sorbet because I have not been interested in that.

I bought it because my teeth have become very sensitive and it is kinda difficult to eat salads. I just throw every thing I would normally put in my salad in the emulsifier and blend, then drink. I even add the salad dressing! Be sure to add some water or it can cause digestive distress.

Having said that, Vitamix has been around a long time and many satisfied users. So I am not saying Montel's is better. Actually, I don't know the exact difference.

Dr. Cheney is recommending a diet very similar to Montel's where you eat mainly green veggies. This is to reduce the inflammation in the body. Same reason Montel does it.

I guess you might have been watching QVC, Montel said that he drinks 80ozs of his drink. He has thermos bottles that he carries in a canvas looking bad with him. Then he eats one cooked meal a day. He is amazing. It is much cheaper on OVC. I bought mine from his info commercial. About $40 more plus shipping.

Oh, need to add that Dr. Cheney doesn't want CFS patients to eat fructose (fruit) or sugar. Low or no protein. God bless the person who can do that diet!

5. spacee

spacee Member

Yes, it is much better than my blender (which my hubby uses for his protein drinks). It is very, very powerful for blending the raw veggies and I saw them put the cooked chicken breast into the soup and I do think it would blend that very well.

There is one drawback that some people might not like which is it's height. About 21-22 inches tall. It does not fit under our kitchen cabinet so it sits in front of our toaster on the counter.

QVC will take it back if you don't like it within 30 days. I think you keep the box, put the label on it and let the postman pick it up at your door. You might have to ask one of their customer service ppl about that. I don't order from QVC very often. Just a very small item recently and it said to return it that way.

Hope that helps,

6. spacee

spacee Member

It does fit under my cabinet if the top is turned upside down.

For any one who is interested.

7. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Measurements were very helpful. Just one more question please. How loud is it?? About the same as a blender? Louder?

Thank you, ***LdyM
  8. LdyM

LdyM New Member

bump for spacee
  9. spacee

spacee Member

Finally caught this. Yes, it is the same to me as hubby's blender.

Hope that helps.

10. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Thank you.. I think I will be looking for it the next time it appears on QVC and sorry I missed their great deal the first time around!

11. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

Are you able to put all kinds of veggies, including lots of green into the Health Master and get a nice "smooth" smoothie??? Also, do you think it could make nut butters?

Im really looking into buying something for green smoothies. I am struggling with the price tag on the Vita mixer but dont want to waste 200.00 on a Health Master if it cant do all I need it to.

Im really thinking of going as raw as possible. I have eaten healthy for years and feel best when I add alot juicing too. Juicing gets to be soooo expensive though cause you throw all that fiber away. Im not vegetarian at all but Im to the point where I want to just go for raw for a few months and see what happens.

You cant do raw without the right equipment so I am trying to figure out how to get the best bender at the best price. I didnt expect it to be so confusing!
  12. spacee

spacee Member

Sadly, when I bought mine, you had to pay extra for the recipes book and I didn't get it. QVC includes it.

I doubt that it does the nut butters. I have never seen that part on the shows about it.

Since it is an emulsifier and not a juicer, you need to make sure you add enough water to make sure you do not get stomach distress.

You might be reading Cheney. He says the youngest, freshest veggies we can get is best cause of their RDA and DNA. Seeds and nuts are the youngest. He also says that microwaving destroys RND and DNA.

Yes, there are so many products, it is very confusing! I agree to that.

13. roxygirl52

roxygirl52 New Member

I purchased this machine December of 2010, I have used it maybe a half dozen times just to make shakes, using soft foods, vegetables and bananas and protein power. After a few months it started excreting dry rust out the bottom of the connection to the bottom of the blender on the unit itself and it makes a loud grinding noise. It works fine, it's just that it's not the normal whirring sound it should make and the rust coming out of the bottom is not a good sign. I still owe one last payment and they will not do anything for me because I still owe one payment. They sent me to a collection company for the last payment and will not take any action to fix or replace the unit until it is paid in full. I spoke to a supervisor and he said basically "Tough". I told him I will not pay for a faulty unit, and he said there was nothing they could do. I do not recommend purchasing this expensive and faulty piece of equipment.
  14. I bought one around 2010. I had for 2/3 before it stopped working. i only used it about 20 - 25 times. As roxygirl52 mentioned, it started excreting dry rust at the bottom connection of the blender and the unit and making a loud grinding noise. I had just started to really use it when it stopped working. I payed for mine at the time I bought. haven't bothered to send it back for a new one and or repair. Lost my job and have been underemployed or unemployed ever since.