Has anyone tried MSM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frosty50, Jun 6, 2009.

1. frosty50

frosty50 New Member

Has anyone ever tried this and did you have a good experience with it?

I've heard so much about it but have'nt tried it yet.

Thanks so much
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I tried it and got very sick.

Didnt relize it had sulphur in it and think my dose might have been to high. Going to try calicum with magniusm without sulphur.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

tried it and it initially helped a lot with pain, but it also made me extremely dizzy (vertigo), light headed, weak, exhausted.....basically completely unable to function and eventually laying around even more than usual wound up bringing the pain level higher so that it was no longer being helped by the msm anyway

for some people it seems to be wonderful and for others a nightmare

if you do decide to try it, I would suggest starting with a very, very tiny amt (like 1/8) tsp & gradually increasing it

apparently the amt of molybdenum in your body can make a difference in how well you tolerate msm (if you are deficient, you could have more problems with msm).....I do take molybdenum, though, and still have a problems with it.....Rich explained that this can also have something to do with the methylation cycle (he gave a good explanation, but rt now I am not thinking clearly enough to be able to explain it)
  4. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

and I tried MSM for two months on and off and couldn't take it. It made my hypER even though it helped with the RA I have as well as the muscular aches and pains.

I also suggest trying very small amounts and see if you can tolerate it.

I now take a combo of low doses (up to 60 mg) of CoQ10 per day. I take flaxseed oil and have just ordered another bottle of Black Currant oil that does not contain any fish oils. Fish oils makes me hypER as well and the first bottle of BCO had fish oil in it. I take a multivitamin without Iodine (for the Graves' Disease I have), Copper (too much of it makes me hypER) and Iron. Iron I do have to add back. I also take other vitamins such as vitamin D3, calcium/magnesium, selenium, etc. to make things work for the RA and the GD I have so I don't try to go hypER, etc.

It's really hard because to balance everything for the different triggers that sets me off.

Take care... :)