HAS ANYONE TRIED "PILATES" EXERCISE YET?....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HOUSEOFBLUES, Nov 12, 2002.

1. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

And if so, do you notice any improvements in how you feel?
    Or do you still ache and feel tired?
    Just curious about this lately......

THANKS,
    HOUSEOFBLUES

2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

And if so, do you notice any improvements in how you feel?
    Or do you still ache and feel tired?
    Just curious about this lately......

THANKS,
    HOUSEOFBLUES

3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I ordered some Pilates tapes from tv and tried them for a
    little while. I loved the exercizes but they really bothered my neck and back. I have a bulging disk in my back so that`s part of the problem.

So, I`ve decided I just can`t use them and I`m sending them back. It`s a great workout but its a big strain on
    your back and neck.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/13/2002]
  4. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

I have a very beginner tape with simple Pilates as the first part and a combo of Pilates and Yoga as the second. I am still on the first part because I have not mastered all of the exercizes yet. The Tape is by Denise Austin. The important thing is to do what you can at first and work yourself up to the harder stuff. It is a great strengthener of ab muscles.
  5. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

for more info.
    HOB
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

by Mari Winsor. Now all I need is the energy to watch them and maybe try some of the exercises. :)

Pepper
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

too sick, too tired and too sore....I'll think about it after this flare. Do I have to wear the cutesy little outfits????
    Love,
    Kady
  8. kalynn1

kalynn1 New Member

My Mom has been harping on my to do Pilates for quite some time now. She's been doing them for over a year now and said it has helped her tremendously! (Although she only has a mild case of Fibromyalgia.) She said the knots and sore spots have gone away from her back and shoulders since she's been doing them. She gave me her beginners tape. I tried it once. Had a hard time holding me head up all the time, but you can do the exercises while keeping your head down. I didn't give it a fair chance to judge it. Just need to work up the discipline to try it I guess.
  9. Tucker

Tucker New Member

I started Pilates after not exercising for some time. Started with beginers video, no adverse effects for me. I also attend Yoga class, and gym now. The key for me seemed to be take it very slowing but keep going, with guidance. Easier said than done on bad days! Good Luck
  10. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Sure gives me something to consider.......

LOVE
    HOB