Has Anyone Tried Sleep Tapes for Insomnia??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starbuckboy, May 21, 2003.

1. starbuckboy

starbuckboy New Member

The reason I ask is I just ordered a CD called 'Super Sleep' by a company called Hemi-Sync. They claim to have over 40 years of proven research in the insomnia field and that their sleep CD's actually match the natural brain waves and invoke stage 4 (delta) sleep. I usually don't fall for the gimmick, snake oil type products, but this one seemed legit since it's not hypnosis, just science. They actually had several testimonials from CFS/FMS patients.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has had some success with these tapes because I could really use the sleep. Let me know what you think. Thanks

-Jeremy
  2. Notonline

Notonline New Member

I've tried the nature sound tapes over the years that's about it...helped me to relax which was a bonus, but I still had problems sleeping. I did purchase a lullaby sleep tape (kind with the heartbeat in the background) for my son when he was a baby...it really worked wonders for him (wish it would for me), so I do believe in soothing sounds.

Let me know if this helps any...sleep might be nice.

Danny
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I think there are some who would benefit from this Jeremy, depending on the causes behind sleeplessness. For me, it could not possibly interupt the overfiring of neurons that goes on in my racing brain, it takes klonopin to accomplish that. Best wishes, and will you let us know how they work for you? I would be interested in knowing more about your sleeplessness, too. Difficulty falling asleep? and if so, what you attribute that too. Is your body, drained and fatigued, but feeling racy and hyper in mind and body at same time? How many wake ups a nite? How long do you sleep on ave.? Then would for sure like to know how the tapes work---with that information to go along with it.
    LL

Okay--gotta ask, how do they make sound waves that match our brain waves. In my opinion it is a chemical dysfunction in brain which prevents us from hitting stage 4 sleep, as well as hypermotility in the brain stem which is also responsible for sleep cycles. I think that claim may be a bit much.[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2003]
  4. Esoteric

Esoteric New Member

Hi Jeremy,

I ordered some tapes from the Monroe Institute to help me sleep and I found them to be quite helpful. They use Hemi-Sync audio technology. They have many tapes and CD's to choose from. The web address is: http://www.monroeinstitute.org

Personally, I found self hypnosis tapes or CD's also effective in helping me fall asleep and stay asleep.

Good luck,
    Esoteric