Has anyone tried steroid drugs ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tuuli, Oct 11, 2006.

1. tuuli

tuuli Guest

Hi you all !
    I have a friend with polymyalgia and she takes prednisone and it helps her big time !
    Like to hear if anyone here has experience with steroids !
    Tuuli
  2. JayMachell

JayMachell New Member

One of my previous doctors use to give me antibiotics followed by steroids for infection. It was always short term, but I seem to gain more weight each time.
    Jay
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

everyone else said it right evil drug. i had to be on them when i lost my hearing i hope that never happens again.it was like pms X 100 . charlene
  4. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

I'm ringing in with agreement with everyone else who reacted badly to steroids.

Trying to be the Good Little Patient, I accepted a scrip for some sort of steroid...have forgotten by now just which one.

Horrible allergic reactions, recorded them and insisted the page be put into my file over the protest of several drs who were pantingly eager to tell me it's not possible to be allergic to steroids because "The body produces steroids every day, you know, sneer."

"Dr, I know the body produces steroids every day, just not the same kinds nor in the same amounts that you wanted me to try."

Got out of there and never went back. Then I did the research drs hate us doing and felt I got off easy since I didn't have other awful effects that could have happened.

Lea.
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Have you tried low-dose cortisol?
  6. abcanada

abcanada New Member

It made everything swell, hence worsening my FM symptoms. The only good thing was I ate more....I need the weight!

[ advertisement ]