Has anyone tried the Alli diet program?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mujuer, Jan 6, 2008.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I just wondered if anyone has tried it and if it has worked. Side effects also would be appreciated. Does anyone know whats in it? P
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It has an ingredient that helps move the fat from your diet out more quickly.....in fact, one can get diarrhea or gas from eating anything with fat in it. I haven't tried it, but I'd be interested if anyone has had success with it.

3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

but my hairdresser did and it gave her nasty gas and diarrhea to the point where she couldn't stop it when things start to move.

Dark: ROFL.....maybe they should put that on the Alli box. Too funny but true.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I just watched a news story last night about it.
    A woman started it, lost ten lbs in the first month, then in the next two months lost nothing. She also joined the online support group and found that she wasn't alone - not only in the fact that she didn't continue to lose weight but with the terrible side effects.
    One woman actually said - "they don't warn you to take extra underwear every where you go".
    When they say don't eat fat, they mean DO NOT EAT FAT. You'll pay for it.

I switched the channel so I don't know what else was said, but I'm sure you can find some good info on it if you google it.
    Bottom line is that a lot of people were disappointed after all of the hype that surrounded it when it first came out.
    I'm sure for some it works great. Be careful about eating any fat, unless you want "accidents".
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

some like it and some don't. Same old story huh? My daughter started on it two days ago. I wanted to start with her but I have to have back surgery and won't be able to excercise for awhile nor will I be in control in the kitchen so I will see how she does on it and once I am back up and running then I will try it if she thinks it works.

She is thirty one and trying to loose her baby fat that she gained when she was pregnant. Her husband is really overweight so she is learning to cook healthy. They eat out so much. So this will be a huge challenge for her. Will keep you guys updated. P