has anyone tried the guaifenesin therapy for fm?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by iminspired, Jul 25, 2003.

1. iminspired

iminspired New Member

im interested in anyones' experience with this treatment... good and bad. i'm desperate
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Better yet, buy the book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," by Dr. Paul St. Amand. If you are desperate, you may not have the patience for the Guai to work. It is a long-term treatment, for life. You will need to understand the theory, eliminate sals from your regimen (it's in the book), understand the protocol, and learn how to adjust the dosage.

I've been on the treatment for more than two years and consider myself about 80 percent reversed. It almost immediately got rid of my Fibro Fog, but it took about a year before I could go without pain meds. I was on Morphine before that.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

Not for the faint of heart.
    Read the book as Mikie suggested. Required reading!!!
    I believe also that success is also greatly enhanced by having the support of a doctor who knows what he is doing with this therapy. Go to Dr. St. Amand's website and look around.
    Also working for receptionist in my neurologist's office. Very prestigious neurologist. He is working with several headache patients on this therapy who go to my rheumy for the guaifenesin treatment, doesn't think it's all bunk. Sees it working.
    Get the book!
    Tibbie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

SNC, the Guai is available from this website without prescription.

Kathy, I also have both FMS and CFIDS and I also suffer from fatigue. I am on antibiotic and antiviral meds to try to get better. For me, the CFIDS is by far the worse of the two illnesses.

Love, Mikie