has anyone tried the magniesium iv drip

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aim4perfection, Jan 11, 2007.

1. aim4perfection

aim4perfection New Member

have heard alot about this was wondering if anyone has tried it, and if so what the results were.
    aim
  2. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

I had a magnesium iv done last year at the FFC. There were other chemicals in the iv besides the magnesium like vitamins and DSMO, etc. I didn't feel well after I got home that day and I started getting a yellow tinge to my skin and my husband said it looked like I was jandice. I called the FFC and they didn't think that it should cause jandice. I felt bad for a few days and decided that the iv drip wasn't for me. I have been told that this iv helps alot of people. I happen to be sensitive to alot of medications and food so it may be fine for most people. However, I do feel like we are guniea pigs on some of these treatments which does concern me. I have taken oral magnesium for several years and I heard that you can take up to 2,000 mg or when you get diarrea, which ever happens first. I end up taking about 1,200 mg per day and it does help.

[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]
  3. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

yes, i have been getting mg drips for the past 1 1/2 years--at first weekly or twice weekly, and now once 2-4 weeks. my dosage is quite high, 5 grams each time, now down to 2-3 grams.

i have tried to supplement with oral mg, but my body just doesn't seem to accept it.

i have been doing other things along with the mg, including glutathione pushes, and abx treatment, as well as many supplements, etc., so can't attribute all improvement to mg, but i know that it is very helpful to me.

since i don't need as much, i would like to switch to injections that i could maybe do at home. anyone able to give me details? name of pharmacy, what is included (such as lidocaine for pain), dosage level, cost?

one anomoly (sp?)--my blood pressure has historically been very low--such as 90 over 55. there is a risk with taking mg of blood pressure getting dangerously low--the reason they won't let me do the iv at home. however, my blood pressure ALWAYS goes up to a more normal level. maybe this is why mg makes me feel better. some say certain infections use up mg, so this may be another reason.

blessings, jen102
  4. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

I've got CFIDS/M.E., FM, etc. and get a weekly vitamin/mineral drip with magnesium in it as I'm very low. I can't remember what dose I take at the moment as sometimes it doubles, but it has helped me tremendously since I can't take things orally due to a sensitive stomach.

It's worth a try, but we're all different.

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)