Has anyone tried these

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocky76, May 3, 2010.

1. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Shoes with the big springs on the heels...
    Lots of people around my area are wearing them...
    kinda costly but if they work then its worth it...

The web site says they are great for fibromyalgia...

I googled Z Coil / fibromyalgia
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2010]
  2. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I guess she bought a pair last week...
    for Plantar Fasciitis....
    She says it seems to help her knees...
    so I will keep you informed on how
    she likes them...
    She has bad back and feet....
    works standing all day...Yicks...
  3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I have a pair of Nike Shox I think theyre called. ( I might have mine and my sons confused cos I bought him a pair at the same time)I have terrible back problems and heel pain. They dont seem to help. But thats just me. There are probably others they do help. I had plantar fasciitis (sp?) about 2 yrs ago. Absolute misery. Took a year to heal tho Ive never been the same. My doc told me to take a can and roll my feet across them. Worked way better than those pricey thingies you strap to your feet. Also stood with my toes on the edge of a step and raised up and down. That helped as well. With the foot pain starting up again Im not fooling around this time. Ill take my happy behind to the podiatrist. I couldnt do a year of that again.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2010]
  4. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I'm seriously thinking of getting these...
    They look funny but who cares....
    I'm sick of the pain...maybe this is
    going to be the life saver for me...
    I'm going to the pain clinic this week...
    for Medical Pot movie...two hour long
    movie to watch....for what....
    Maybe I'll cancel that appointment and use
    the $200.00 for springy shoes....
    My feet and back have been awful for
    me lately...
    Also I'm going to try the suggestion about
    the cans....but not going to try the step....
    I know for sure I would loose balance and fall...
    If I did that I would need a spring on my head..
  5. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Lol @ the spring on your head. I have one room you step down into so there was a doorframe to hang on to. If you do try the cans make sure you apply decent pressure. It hurts but kinda like a good hurt kwim? Hope it helps you. And cripes (!) at the 200 shoes! I felt ripped off paying 70! But then Im a tightwad. DH says I squeeze a nickle until the buffalo craps. (not the word he uses but you get the picture)
  6. spacee

spacee Member

I have never seen them before but I think they are cool...like that matters.

I agree....try most anything to get rid of pain!

7. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Well Spacee......duh.........it is VERY important to be cool! Didn't you know that! Jeez!

Seriously folks.......my orthopedic surgeon has recommended those new "Rocker" sneakers. I haven't been able to get them yet because they, too, are expensive.....$100-ish. But I finally got a check from my supplemental insurance company so I can finally get them. And, I'll get reimbursed from my medical insurance as long as I submit a "medical necessity" form along with the receipt. I did try them on in the store one day and they were really comfortable. So....gonna go get them tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how they are.

I'm not safe enough on my own 2 flat feet, so I have a feeling the springee shoes wouldn't be good for me! But, I'd love to hear how they work for other folks.

8. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

No, i don't have these. i did read alot of reviews on them. Reviews didn't help me any, some people say oh there great and some say they are terrible. so in my own opinion, Shoes may be one of those individual decidings. Rocky if you do get them, please let us know how they are for you. Rocky do you have plantar fascitiis ? Oh, one of the reviews a person said they were reimburse by their insurance with having a prescription from their doc.

Many years back i use to wear those expensive Birkenstock. Not no more. Birkey's are killers to my feet. i do have plantar fascitiis both feet, confirmed by ultrasound. I can't even wear the hand made ortho's that were made for my feet anymore. So much pain in my feet.
    i was just referred to a ortho surgeon, have not gone to this new one yet. My doc that referred me said there has to be some kind of shoe for me, but do not have any surgery on your feet. i did ask why, he had said too many after complications. Doc said for me to just go and see what this ortho surgeon will recommend for me.

As of now the only shoe i can wear are crocs with no backs to the shoe. I've noticed my knees are increasing in pain, which i feel is from my feet and ankle swellings.

Please keep us posted if you do try the zcoil shoes. They are expensive, maybe you can look into a return policy for them just in case if they would not work for you.

Good topic to post.
    Hugs, Butterflydream

9. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I think Im thinking about the wrong shoes. Im going to have to do some checking it out. Id have a huge problem paying that much for one pair of shoes but if they help....and if ins will pay for them? Im all for that. . . . . . . . . . . . Why do doctors have to cause you more pain when they dx you with something? Ill never forget mine grabbing my feet. Wanted to kick him. Wont go there when they do the exam for your back. Yeesh. Do you have to order those shoes online? Gotta do some checking things out....
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

Wonder if you'll be able to tell by just trying on and walking around store or office tho???

I had plantar fasciitis, what helped were some Mephisto flat corkbed sandals as they had high arches... I was lucky to find them on sale as they're VERY expensive.

Never been able to find another pair that weren't thongs tho, which would somewhat defeat the purpose for me... while my feet are ok now, if I could find the apprpriate style, I'd be willing to sacrifice to pay full price if necessary just to make sure. I've heard Biirkenstocks might be good for me, but again, I need a sling on the heel to make walking easier in them.

Good luck, hope they work for you
  11. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Im amazed at the number of people who have PF. When I tell someone about it, they look at me with a blank look. And you cant adequately describe the pain. My daughter has a pair of shoes that are a lot like crocs and they are sooo comfy. I dont remember what theyre called and I think you have to order them online. Which reminds me that I wanted a pair. Going to ask her today if I remember.
  12. rocky76

rocky76 Member

to the shoe store was an amazing 2 hours..
    the man checked her feet better than a doctor..
    was very clear on telling her what she needed...
    He told her to wear them for 2 weeks and then
    come back for a check to see how they are working..

She says there were 3 other people waiting for shoes
    that came all the way from Portland...and Spokane...
    And another lady came in for another pair like
    sandals ....she swore by her shoes and said she would
    never wear anything else...even tossed her cain away..

I saw my Sis yesterday and she has worn hers for about 7 days and says she things they are the key to
    fixing her knee , foot and back problems....
  13. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Wow this is good news! Im glad your sister had such good results. Rocky76 do you plan on getting yourself a pair? I might have to start saving my nickles and dimes....
  14. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Today I bought a pair of those "Rocker Shoes" that I mentioned above. They're great! My feet and shins (shins?.....yeah....who knew?!!) have been pretty painful lately. I put the shoes on the minute I got to the car and wore them to the next couple of stores that my DH and I went to. I couldn't believe how good my feet and shins felt.

They do take a little getting used to and they suggest building up the wearing time, but I think I'm gonna like 'em. Now I've just got to see if they make rockin' house slippers!

I'll keep you all updated, as I don't want anyone to lose any sleep over how my shins are doing!! :)
  15. rocky76

rocky76 Member

5/4/10 4:39 PM Re- Z-coil shoes

My sister is a store clerk and is on her feet 8-10 hours per day had a lot of pain in her lower back her DR told she should try the Shoes and she did but within 2 week of using them she fell and broke her RT hip due to & the shoes her ortho who replaced her hip last week said he has treated 13 people in the last 1 yr in her age group 45 yrs. With either Hip,knee, and broken ankle's so be careful when thinking about these shoe's .

Take care

16. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Yicks...Broken hip sounds bad...
    trade one pain for another....

Also the exercise shoes are at sears for 39 dollars......made by Dr. scholds...
    they also have sandals...I tried them on but
    I have small feet and they felt like
    I was tipping over...
  17. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

No i don't think i need a broken hip or leg either.
    If i had them, one off balance step and down i'd be. Yikes !!

Guess i'd better stay with shoes with both feet on the ground.
    Bouncing into the walls with the zcoil shoes on , i know could easily happen with me.

This is a good posting for ones with feet problems.
    Maybe more opinions/suggestions will come along.