HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, May 24, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I am not promoting anything here. I posted this question earlier and it has disappeared. If this is against the rules, and the Moderators delete it, please, please let me know.

I am seeing a new doctor and she has recommended the Strata Alpha Stimulator. I was wondering if anyone here has used this device which is supposed to relieve pain, insomnia, depression and anxiety.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has tried it.

Thanks,

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 05/24/2006]
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Is that a Tens Unit? I use a tens unit for pain
    Dee50
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

My doctor told me that it is similar to a Tens Unit. It is an upgraded version, I think.

Lolalee
  4. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

chronic back problem but now, it sits in the closet. I wouldnt know where to put the pads when every inch of my body hurts sooooo bad.

Suzette
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

The Alpha Stim my doctor recommends has clips that you put on your earlobes. She uses it for migraines and her son uses it for sports injuries.

I just wondered if anyone here has used it. It is quite costly from what I understand.

Lolalee
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

OK now I know what it is. It's sold in the store here $400.00 or so. Lolalee maybe you can rent one and see if it works for you? I'd look around for a used one. I use my tens lots.
    Dee50
  8. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks for your response. My doctor told me that it costs around $800.00. That is why I'm trying to find out if anyone has had good results with it. That's a lot of money. I guess I, like many of us, have already spent a lot of money on different treatments. It would be nice to have some testimonies from people here.

I appreciate your checking on this for me.

Lolalee
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

but I have not ever tried it. Sounds interesting. Gosh it's expensive, but if it might help it is certainly worth a try!! If you find out anymore about it, or try one let us know how it worked.

Kriket
  10. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

I have not heard of that but I have a stimulator that helps me with my pain. I got mine 10 years ago from a pain clinic. It is not a tens unit it is much stronger.
    I would think that your insurance compay would pay for this under durable equipment.
    Best of luck to You
    Michelle
  11. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

I haven't tried that..but I do use a tens unit regularly and it is oh so wonderful. It certainly doens't get rid of the pain but it relaxes the muscles enough so it's a tad more managable.

Kristen
  12. kimkane

kimkane New Member

Just a thought................................

maybe a Chiropractor in your area has one.

Maybe they could give you more feed back or even better let you try it out.

Ya never know, good luck, Kim
  13. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks for all your responses and suggestions. I will talk to my insurance provider to see if they will help with the cost.

Lolalee