Has anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CindiC, Apr 23, 2007.

1. CindiC

CindiC New Member

I have just weaned myself off amitriptyline after 13 years of taking it. I was tired of the extra weight and the rapid heart...naturally my PCP wanted to put me on even more chemicals, but thought I would try something else. I purchased the fibro freedom, sold here at prohealth and was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so, do I jump in taking the 6 pills a day or start slow??

My pain level is off the roof, crying and just in an all around funk....I know that most of this is caused by the absence of chemicals in my brain, but don't know how long I can hold out.

Thanks so much in advance.
    Cindi
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

3. CindiC

CindiC New Member

Thanks for the response, I have been off the amitriptyline for a couple of weeks now. Last year I went off it and went on to Cymbalta but had a bad reaction to it and was put back on the amitriplyline. Well...the weight I lost made me feel better, but when I went back on, back came the weight and the rapid heart beat. Sooooo, next week I am going to start the new stuff and see what happens.

I have read alot about 5-HTP and hope that it does the trick along with the other stuff that is in this.

Again, thanks so much for your response