Has anyone tried to new ambien CR?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Nov 7, 2005.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Just wondered if it really kept people asleep longer than regular ambien..Thanks
  2. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

my fiance takes ambien and is going to try to switch to the new CR. I will let you know how it goes if he ends up taking it
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Bumping it up to see if there are more responses. I've been wondering about it, also. Just don't want to get it and have it not work. Just did that with Lunesta...what a waste. Benedryl works better if you can believe that.

Anyway, bumping....
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I tried to find a previous post, that someone here was also going to try the New Ambien.
    I can't find it tho, the board, gives me the Error thing,
    I'll try later.

Or anyone reading this can, use the seach feature, and type in Ambien, and older posts should come up.
    sharonk
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I am going to see the doctor today. I plan to ask for a 10 day trial prescription to take advantage of the free offer. I will let you know if it works. Regular ambien (5mg) gets me to sleep just fine. It's the keeping asleep that I need help with!

Katy
  7. Tiger69

Tiger69 New Member

I just started taking the Ambien CR 12.5mg for sleep and I love it. It helps me to get to sleep fast ans stay asleep all night, but my insurance co only authorizes 14/ month so am trying to intersperse it with my leftover lunesta (which doesn't work well to make it last). Next month I'm going to get my doctor to tell my insurance that Ambien CR is the only sleep med that works and see if Insurance will approve 30 tablets that way. They have to, I've tried too many other medications over the past four years that have failed. However, I only got a seven day free trial of ambien- CR. Where did you get the 10-day free trial of it?
  8. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

You are right, Tiger69, it is only a 7 day free trial. Darn! And I had my doc write a script for 10 days! Hopefully that won't make a difference.

Had to go back to ambiencr.com site to print a new certificate since I can't find my other one! This one is good through 12/24/2005. Hope it works!

Katy