Has anyone used a former SS Representative when filing for SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Sep 10, 2009.

  1. keke466

    keke466 New Member

    In 2006 when I lost my FT job and went on unemployment I found this woman in the phone book in the yellow pages under attorneys who said she worked for the SSA and now is a legal rep. She said she can handle the cases except for going in front of the judge,I think that's what she said,it's been 3yrs. I told her I was on unemployment at the time but she told me I should go ahead and file and sent me paperwork to fill out and send back to her but I never did because I was afraid I would lose my unemployment and that's all I had to live on,I'm single. I'm still curious about it.
    Has anyone used a SS rep instead of a lawyer to file and did they actually help you? If she can't go in front of the judge if my case went that far then what do I do?
  2. lynncats

    lynncats New Member

    I'm in the middle of trying for disability. I am using a Representative of the disabled. He has help alot. We are now at the point where I'm waiting to go in front of a judge and my rep will be with me when the time comes. Could be another year before I go. Not sure how to answer regarding them not being able to go in front of a judge for you. But I sure am wishing you luck.

  3. keke466

    keke466 New Member

    Thanks for replying. I wonder why she told me she couldn't go in front of the judge with me if yours can or maybe I misunderstood her. I guess I should call her again and get more info.

[ advertisement ]