Has anyone used Elavil and Trazodone simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mike, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

I was wondering if anyone ever used low dosage Elavil and Trazodone at the same time.

The reason that I am asking is that 25 mg of Trazodone appears to alleiviate my fatigue but I only get from 1-4 hours of light sleep a night. 25 mg of Elavil will make me sleep soundly for 8 hours but I'll be very fatigued the next day. I was thinking of taking the Elavil before bedtime and then taking the Trazodone in the morning to see if it knocks out the fatigue.

Mike
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi Mike, there is no problem (chemically) with combining the two meds. However, I'm concerned that you may not be taking enough Trazadone in the first place. As is evident in my profile photo, I am chubby. However, I'm barely pushing five feet tall, so my body weight is still less than the average adult male. I use 50 mgs of Traz each nite, and 100mgs on really bad nights. I get between 6-9 hours of sleep each night, and wake up wanting to dance.

Elavil was added to my regime about a year ago to help control pain. I take it at bedtime, too. But, here I'm only using 1/5 the doseage you use, with no grogginess in the AM.

Hope this helps,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace ALL Grievances
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2003]

[ advertisement ]