Has anyone used LTheanine successfully for NERVE PAIN???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fireopal, May 11, 2006.

1. fireopal

fireopal New Member

I'm wondering if L-Theanine can be a successful treatment for nerve pain? I believe it's supposed to be good for anxiety and stress without the drowsiness of many other things. I've tried Neutontin in the past with much nausea and am hesitant to try Lyrica, but I will if it's my only last resort.

I have no insurance, so I would have to go thru the hoops to get it free on a pharmaceutical program, if there is one for Lyrica. Can anyone share their experiences/luck with nerve pain treatment? I have it mostly on the upper arms/chest/over joints (difficult to wear clothing many days.) Thanx

Fireopal
  2. fireopal

fireopal New Member

3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

and it's pretty inexpensive. I like it for PMS too. If you try it you may n eed to play around w/ brands, they aren't all alike. Definitely don't waste your money on Jaimeson brand. If that had been my first experience w/ St. J's, I might have thought it just didn't do anything for me, but most brands help alot.

Jeanne
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I haven't tried it yet myself, but I'd like to. I've used n-acetyl- cysteine for detoxing, it's a precurser that produces glutathiane, also great. And I've used l-glutamine for severe brain warp when I've quit smoking, that helped me to not feel like I was walking sideways.

Amino acids can be great. Someone else on here is using d-l-phenylaninine for pain, w/out narcotics even, I think. and another is using amino acid wafers to treat depression and brain fog.
  5. fireopal

fireopal New Member

6. fireopal

fireopal New Member

7. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I'm sorry, I don't know about the nerve pain question. However, I encourage you to give l-theanine a try. It's a safe, natural substance, so why not?

I take mine at bedtime to help me sleep a little deeper. It's made a difference in what I am able to do in a day. You can even buy l-theanine with green tea extract, if you want to try green tea too.

I hope you get some relief from any source.
    (((sending numbing hugs))) Shannon
  8. fireopal

fireopal New Member

Thanks for the input, Shannonsparkles. What brand do you use and what dosage? Any side effects? I often will get a skin burn after a hot flash that makes it worse and sometimes I think some of the supplements I've tried for anxiety or nerve pain contribute to that problem or at least the timing seems to correspond. I do hope I can get some relief. Otherwise, I'll have to try a prescription again.

Fireopal
  9. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Sometimes the homeopathic remedy "Hypericum" helps me.

LIGHT**********carole
  10. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Also, did the amino acid wafers help the depression?
  11. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

L-theanine with Green Tea by Naka. I don't know how well other brands work. (((x))) Shannon