Has anyone used pregnenalone cream?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Sep 4, 2003.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

Due to problems my very low dose ostradiol patch has caused once I finish the 12 days of progesterone tabs my GP wants me to stop my HRT until I see a Gyno, this won't be until about Jan (quick for the UK!).

I've used all the usual herbal and alternatives but they have not helped enough. The HRT did really help so I need to find an effective way of achieving the same benefits but not aggravate further the problems it's highlighted.

A little while back Klutzo recommended pregnenalone and in my searches I found a topical version so just wondered if anyone had tried this or what any of you think about it in this form.

Also has anyone tried both the capsules and sublingual forms and if so which of these seemed the best?

Had high levels of testosterone so very wary of anything that might raise that so my other consideration is natural progesterone cream and perhaps the supplement Nickname mentioned a while back to raise the good oestrogens.

Any ideas, experiences, or useful info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tansy

2. NutsInAlabama

NutsInAlabama New Member

and she speaks very highly of it I am on HRT myself Premarin but her doc does not like the "other forms"
    It seem to work great for her but she has not been on it but for 6 months so the long term affects are ??
    xoxo
    Deb
  3. nickname

nickname New Member

......have u ever looked into Indium Sulfate?? Have a friend who has just gone down this route - she reckons it is helping, but too soon to say for sure. (She's around my age - 48 - and also has m.e.). I won't try it though because I'm on pregnenalone/dhea. Have a squint - see what u think.

best wishes
    nickname
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

I 'm trying to choose the best start off point here. My GP was surprised I felt better with the progesterone tablets, no sign of PMS symptoms, so this would seem to indicate I do need more progesterone.

Nickname thanks for mentioning indium sulphate again, I've looked that up and will post on it, this could be useful for other board members as well. Do you remember the name of the good oestrogen that can be sourced in broccolli? I think that might be worth investigating again.

Love

Tansy
  5. nickname

nickname New Member

......it's called Indolplex. It raises the level of the beneficial 2-hydroxyestrone and reduces levels of the more dangerous 4 and 16 hydroxyestrones. Avail at the nutricentre. Need to be on it for about 3 months before improvements made. There is a test avail in the UK to test these good v bad estrogens - £100 - but would have to look up source for you.

Have replied about Indium on the other thread.

best wishes
    nickname
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

you have become one of my information sources, I really do appreciate the information you provide. Did finally find the name indoplex and did a search.

Problem with both indoplex and indium is they take so long. After 5 years of sex hormone hell, and having had a taste of better, not sure I want to wait that long.

At least the indoplex can be used with other supps whereas the indium appears not suitable when using pregnenalone.

Clearly need to do more thinking and researching before making a decision.

I know lots of info can be confusing and overwhelming at times but I do feel the more we look into the more small pieces of this big jigsaw the more some of it starts to fit together.

Do you feel the pregnenalone and dhea are halping you? I know Klutzo found pregnenalone helped her.

Love

Tansy
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

..got myself in trouble with too much pregnenolone again. I lost track of how many times I had taken it last week, and took it once too often, resulting in a migraine. I am taking at least a week off to let my estrogen level go back down before restarting it. With all the other things I take, it is so hard to remember that I cannot tolerate more than 10 mgs. every 4 days without raising my estrogen back to premenopausal levels and getting migraines again.
    Klutzo
  8. tansy

tansy New Member

hope the migraine goes soon.

I'm really concerned that anything I take should not raise testoterone which is already too high.

The oestrogen was great for a while, apart from the tender breasts and they weren't bad. But the build up of the uterus lining made a chronic period-like pain from Jan (no more periods) get really painful and I swelled up too. Had real problems in this area since medical bungles over 16 years ago and it involves my bladder and bowel too. So that's why I've had to take the pregesterone tablets to get a bleed and then I must stop both.

Raising both these hormones made me feel so much better despite the pain, and unlike many others the prog tabs have not produced pre menstural symptoms, they're helping just as the oestrogen patch did.

The waiting lists in the UK are long so I want to make a good choice for my many months of waiting. Thought I'd bounce this off board members and do plenty of research before taking the plunge.

Thanks for your input, it's always appreciated.

Love

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2003]
  9. Megster

Megster New Member

but thought I'd add what I know. We have a compounding pharmacy here that does natural hormonal creams of various mixtures, depending on what your body needs. I'm currently using a natural progesterone cream to help balance everything out. I've only been on it for two months, but had such good effect that after talking to the doctor, I'm going to be taking it from day 14-beginning of period instead of day 18-beginning of period. When I started, the pharmacy gave me a whole bunch of info on the different hormones, and why the natural compounded products work so much better without the side effects of synthetics, which makes sense to me. Would be worth looking into, I'd think.

Meg
  10. tansy

tansy New Member

Really could do with being able to afford, and physically do the travelling, to see a really good holistic doctor on this. Many years ago I did see one who gave me progesterone drops to be used on my stomach. They helped.

All the theories sex hormone wise always make sense in some areas then are completely out in others. It all has me confused and climbing the walls just now.

Natural progesterone does seem to be a successful solution for many women.

Love

Tansy