Has anyone used Rota-dent toothbrush for gum problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by G.I.Jane, Jan 11, 2003.

1. G.I.Jane

G.I.Jane New Member

Hi everybody! I have been trying to find a way to combat my blood red gums - saw my dentist recently and they suggested the Rota-dent electric toothbrush for people with sensitive gums and gum problems. I'm wondering if anybody has tried this brush and their thoughts - thanks!! Also, I've read about using little mini brushes for between teeth and around the gumline - does anyone know where I can purchase these little buggers? Hope everyone's having a great weekend!!
  2. Carina

Carina New Member

you mentioned, I think they are little brushes on a stick-type handle, not a handle like a regular toohbrush. I found mine at a pharmacy right with the other dental supplies. You have to look hard as they are so small and don't show up very well against the other products. They have a cover that you cover the bristles with. The whole thing is proabably about 3" long. I really like mine and am amazed at how good it works.

CARINA
  3. Jaysea

Jaysea New Member

I found the electric toothbrushes with the round brush irritated my gums more. The ones with the regular toothbrush end were ok, as long as the brush is soft. I have one of those mini brush things, my dental hygienist gives them to me. They have a little tuft of brush on both ends. You run it along the gum line after you brush your teeth. They saved my gums. I would definitely recommend gettig one. I also have a brush that looks like it has a tiny bottle cleaner on the end of it. You run that between your teeth to remove plaque that the dental floss doesn't get. It also helps to have a good dental hygienist. If they do a half-assed job, you're going to lose your teeth.