Has anyone used the attorney listed on this forum?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deb_46, Aug 3, 2006.

1. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

After battling chronic fatigue for two years that I have since found out to be most likely from severe candida, thyroid and adrenal issues. Had to leave my job in Feb. 2004 and haven't been able to work since.

Finally found a new medical place and am addressing the issues but the progress is slow and kind of two steps forward and one step back. Six months ago I herniated a disc in my lower back which has caused much more limitation and pain.

I never tried for SSA as I fully intended to make a somewhat speedy recovery, well that has not happened unfortunately now especially thanks the the back issue. I went ahead a filed a few months ago and of course got my denial letter today.

My question is: Has anyone on this board used the attorney recommended on this site and if so, what was your experience? Thanks

[This Message was Edited on 08/03/2006]
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

However, if you can document the problems with lab work, and other things, back to 2004, you can file retroactively.
    the disc herniation and the proof of that and any EMG's, etc, with that will assist, of course.

Call Social Security and ask them to send you the information regarding SSD, and then read it.

You do not need an attorney for the initial application, but perhaps, you could have them look over your information and point out where you could strengthen it or improve your chances, for an hourly fee, before you submit it.
  3. rainorshine

rainorshine New Member

I am at the hearing phase so that's why I have one. I've been told that's the way to go. Your chances are better.
    They only get paid if you win and then it's a small percent of you back pay. So no out of pocket for you.

Hope this helps a little...
    C
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Is this your first denial? If so that is pretty much stan-
    dard for this early in the procedure. Expect more delays
    and other mandated exams unfortunately. Are you speaking of
    "Binder and Binder" Nation Wide law firm? Your yellow pgs.
    Legal Aid or even local SSA office provides objective lists
    of Attorney's in your area. Also see www.disabilitysecrets.
    com for additional tips on your case.

Best wishes,
    MRDAD

5. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

Yes, it's my first denial. I'm having the hardest time doing this, it makes me feel guilty but I know for my health I can't work for awhile, hopefully, maybe down the road.

Deb