Has anyone used the Cuddle Ewe Underquilt?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Raindrops, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Raindrops

Raindrops New Member

Hi, I am thinking of buying the Cuddle Ewe Underquilt for my bed(as that is where I spend most of my time it seems)but wanted to know if anyone else has used one and how do they like or dislike it? Any recommendations? Raindrops
  2. Scotter63

Scotter63 New Member

It is very comfortable but I don't know if it helps me sleep better. My husband loved it so we kept it. If I am not mistaken, you can return it in 90 days. I say it's worth a try.

3. Danett

Danett New Member

My husband bought it for me as a surprise. I didn't notice any difference in sleeping better, either. My husband liked it so we kept it. Dog hurled on it a month ago! Yuk! Had to throw it out.
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

2 or 3 years ago I bought an extra long twin CuddleEwe underquilt to put on my side of our California King bed, as my spouse didn't want to sleep on it too. It feels like a comfy nest, does help my sleep. A few weeks ago I forgot to put it back on the bed with the clean sheets, and got up at 2 in the morning to put it on. It was such a relief... It has matted down some, but still feels comfortable to lay on.

We just bought a Select Comfort air bed, and I think I won't need the underquilt with it. (It hasn't been delivered yet.) It will be nice not to have a 2 inch high barrier between the two sides of the bed.

Just my 2 and a half cents!
    Beth.
  5. damie

damie New Member

Hi, I got a Cuddle Ewe Underquilt for our bed because of my fm. My huband loves it too. We also have a Select Comfort bed and still use the Cuddle Ewe. It was worth the money for both.
  6. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I did just get a 2inch memory foam topper. I have had it for about 2 weeks..and even in a flare I am waking up less stiff..and it is really comfy!
  7. reva727

reva727 New Member

I've had mine for about two years. It's not a miracle cure or anything but it is comfortable. It has to be shaken occasionally because it will bunch up and form to your shape and get lumps in it. My husband doesn't think it helps him but I like it. It does add a couple of inches to the thickness of your mattress.
  8. Raindrops

Raindrops New Member

I appreciated the advice on the Cuddle Ewe and my husband told me to go ahead and order one for us. He said anything that will add comfort to my sleep is worth trying and we do have a 90 day return policy.

Since reading all your post we have also decided to look into the Select Comfort bed. My brother also has FM and he purchased one a few months back and seems to like it. He was just dx a year ago and has a mild case at present, where as I have traced my FM back to age 9 with severe symptoms.

I looked up the Select Comfort Beds on the Internet and they list a number of models. I will post a notice to see which one seem to be the preferred one. Thanks again for your replies.
  9. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

And have slept on it for several years now. I am so spoiled to it, I don't sleep well at all if I have to be away from it! Even my cats love it!

Eve
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Fan here too. I have a Queen size, doubled it on a twin size bed. Super softness for sure.

It does help with the pain and stiffness, if I turn in my sleep it makes it easier than just on a matress.

Just give it a shake about once a month, this will keep it in good shape.

I also have a 'heated mattress pad' on top of the Cuddle Ewe, it is just wonderful for the morning stiffness.

Hope you enjoy your Cuddle Ewe.................

Shalom, Shirl
  11. hollie9

hollie9 New Member

I've read previous posts here that rate the CuddleEwe very high. So just ordered one yesterday, I have a foam topper but it's still not that comfortable.

There are other toppers I've seen made by mattress companies, basically they are pillow top looking things. I had some trouble with pillowtop beds, they were hot at night.

Is the CuddleEwe hot in the summer?

I sure hope I love it, it will cost some bucks to send it back.

Has anyone tried the memory foam bed toppers?

Hollie
  12. nell

nell New Member

i got one as a gift a mattress too mine had springs popping out so between the wool mattress cover and the new bed I got a 25% sleep increase(from 3plus or minus hours a night to4 and sometines as much as an hours nap in the daytime a huge improvement because after sveral years of striving for that one good hour a week i had one then I was so encourage to try new suggestions may the the comfort and joy fairy bless you too
  13. damie

damie New Member

Hi again,
    I've had my cuddle ewe through the summer and didn't find that it was any warmer. It is supposed to keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I turn mine (with my husband's help) each tiime I change the bed. One time I will flip it over side to side then the next from head to toe. This keeps it even.
    Cynthia