Has anyone used Total Gym for exercise?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamafrey1, Apr 15, 2003.

1. mamafrey1

mamafrey1 New Member

Just wondering if anyone has used the total gym exercise equipment? Am interested in using it but i wonder if it would fatigue the muscles to much.
  2. Flibble

Flibble New Member

I tried it about 4 years ago. I thought I was going to die! I have never hurt from anything so much in my life. Keep in mind I use a treadmill and weight machine everyday. It just seem to pull MY muscles all the wrong ways. But as is said here everyday...Everyone is very different and it might be great for you. I can't do Yoga or Pilates either. Anything that stretches me too much. It might be your Answer tho'. I am all for trying anything. Good Luck! Flibble
  3. KayL

KayL New Member

I've had it for about 3 years. I can't use it right now because it hurts too much, but I WILL get back to it as soon as I am able.

Karen
  4. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi mamafrey1,

I'm with Mel - Total Gym is great! I messed up my shoulder about 8 months ago, so I haven't been able to use it since then, but I'm hoping to return to it SOON. Just remember to start out REAL slow and not move ahead to more exercises until the ones you're doing actually become easy, and this COULD take many moons, so be patient with yourself.

Flibble, maybe you tried to go too fast with your gym stetches, etc? I think it is especially easy for women in weight training to become muscle-bound, bound being the operative word. Baby stretches may work for you, just taking it superrrrrrrrrr slow when stretching. You really need to maintain your flexibility, from one who's been there, or you MAY have further pain conditions develop later down the line. I've been TRYING to work out a prematurely shortened achilles tendon for 2 years now, and it STILL hurts like CRAZY! jmho

Good luck,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace ALL Grievances
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2003]
  5. mamafrey1

mamafrey1 New Member

was also wondering, i don't like to take alot of time switching stuff around, once set up, is easy to work with? this sounds like something i would like, hopefully, i would like to really tone up. do you guys do any cardio workouts too? thought about the elliptical trainer but maybe walking is just as good. thanks everyone! !