Has anyone with cfids/fm given it to their spouse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skychomper, Mar 20, 2007.

1. skychomper

skychomper Member

hi, i know most people say that cfids/fm is not contagious, but I was just wondering if anybody had any life experiences that suggested otherwise.
    sometimes my husband get symptoms that remind me of mine. low energy,
    spaciness. etc. I know it doesn't neccesarily mean I gave him whatever this DD is, I just get so paranoid and was wondering what your experiences have been.
    it would just be the most terrible thing in the world if he ever got a serious illness because of me,
    -a worried skychomper
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I was worried too at first, but the key to being well is a strong immune system. Every virus you've ever had is stored in a dormant state in your spleen. This is how your immune system "remembers" how to fight it off.

Spouses are exposed to the same diet, metals, chemical toxins as we are. I think that this is the key.

I have high levels of Lead. Lead & Mercury weaken the immune system. My wife has low levels of EBV but it too is in a chronic state. She wants to see me well first before she seeks any treatment.
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I don't think people talk about this, but I think that as people (maybe especially men) approach age 50 or so, they start to get tired and spacy. This doesn't show so much to outsiders (because people get their energy up for them), but with one's spouse it really comes out.

Lots of diseases have symptoms similar to the obvious CFS ones (especially the fatigue). It's my belief that diabetes, liver problems, poor nutrition, toxic bowel, overweight, and overwork (all of which tend to be associated with too much sugar, not enough good food, not enough sleep and "stress") are much more of a danger to our spouses than whatever viruses we who have CFS are haboring.

I am taking my husband to a couple of doctors (the internist and--since he's done well with Chinese medicine before--the Chinese doctor) next week. I'm also trying to guide our household back to some semblance of healthy eating. Hopefully as it gets warm outisde, he'll be able to get more exercise.

I'm not an expert on this topic though....

Best, Lisa