Has anyone with FM taken SAM-e ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I already posted a short one on the Alternative Therapy board yesterday and so far have not received any replies. I then thought perhaps theeded to be posted on the FM Board or Depression although I really do not think I have actual depression. I surely could benefit from some uplifted moods and perhaps some pain relief. Sometimes now I just bark at my DH for things I shouldn't. Maybe this will help some.

I will start low and slow as I also have hi b/p and will take 200 mg once a day for awhile to see if it helps any without any side effects.

Also trying to figure out when I should take it. I can't take right away in the morning as I take thyroid meds also. May try and take it today before lunch.

I know everyone is different and what helps one may not help another. I have spoken on line recently to a "lost" cousin of my DH who also has FM. She takes SAM-e and says it really helps her. So thought I would at least try it. I know it is expensive but you can get another brand for a little cheaper too. I got a starter box at Wal Mart the other day.

Would love to hear from anyone else who has taken it or tried to and if it helps and how, etc.
    Thanks to all for reading and any suggestions or stories you might have to share in advance