has anyone with IC do the COwden Protocol (samento)

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by LISALOO, Oct 27, 2008.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

My bladder was in remission until I went on valcyte several months ago. Lately It's gotten worse. I don't know if it started with the Cowden protocol. I don't know if I got worse because of adding samento to the mix.

Did anyone try Cowden Protocol with Ic and have bladder issues?
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Sorry Lisa I don't know anything about the Cowden protocol, but I started taking Samento 2 weeks ago, 30 drops a day, & it has not affected my IC. I'm just about to add Felisia and Simba too on my (UK) Lyme doctors recommendation - I hope they don't affect my bladder as they're SO expensive.

I've been trying grapefruit seed extract as I read it kills the cysts, but it is horribly acidic (tastes evil) and does make my IC flare.
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

are you taking samento pills or drops? I stoped taking the samento drops and I feel better. My bladder has calmed down.

Thank you!
  5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

I'm taking the drops. Maybe it's the alcohol in the tincture making you flare? have you tried the capsules?

I'm thinking of changing to Cat's Claw tincture as Samento is so expensive. I did try Cat's Claw powder mixed with yoghurt but it tastes unbelievably vile.