has anyone with just fibro been approved for ssdi in ga?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Aug 23, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

My Doc says he has had no one he knows to be succesfull.
    Well i want to be the firt here. I take that back i have fibro with chronic fatigue, high blood pressure and depression.
    I have just signed with allsup so we will keep you post on progress.
    Even though believe or not GA has a backlog!
  2. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

I have CFS and Fibro and I am on Social Security Disability and in Georgia. I got sick in 1996 and worked until 1997.

I applied for SSDI toward the end of the '90s and was approved in 2000. First time I did the paperwork myself and was turned down. Got a lawyer and refiled the paperwork and was approved. My medical forms were filled out by my rheumatologist and GP and a pharmopsychologist that SS sent me to to be evalutated.

Maybe you need to see a lawyer and perhaps a different doctor.

3. hensue

hensue New Member

I am going to try the allsup way first and see. They dont charge unless you do get it. Then they get a percentage.
    What part of ga do you live in? I live in Thomasville.
    Where Fay just came thru and she is not through yet. So far not documented 27 inches of rain. I have never seen anything like it. I cannot imagine what those people in New orleans went through. That had to be horrible. Lot of plantation money
    in this town. So things get fixed pretty quickly. Lot of our trees have fallen huge oak trees. pines everywhere.
    Anyway i do appreciate it and that is something positive for me to go on.
  4. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

You're very welcome, hensue. I know it's so frustrating and overwhelming when you're trying to get accepted for disability - sometimes you want to give up, but that's just what they want you to do so just hang tough and don't let them forget your name. If worse comes to worse get a lawyer...

I live in Kennesaw which is about 20 mile northwest of Atlanta. We've had clouds and high winds for many days now from Fay, but not a drop of rain until about an hour ago. One thing we've got, though, is really bad humidity and I'm sure you do too. I feel like I just live in my little air conditioned world for about 7 months out of the year!

Wishing you the best of luck with the disability.

5. victoria

victoria New Member

I also know people who have, I just moved from Athens GA (to Mexico, but that's another story).

Anywhere it can take a long time, especially if you have to appeal 2X...

but most in my local support group there got it, I believe, on the basis of FM or CF and other findings.... I don't think anyone just had the dx of FM or CF tho, not sure. One lady had a mitochondrial study that showed her mitochondria were not functioning properly, and it still took her 2 appeals and 5 years - but she did get it.

I agree, you may need another doctor, and maybe more than one... depending on your symptoms.

all the best,

6. hensue

hensue New Member

Are these the only two diagnoses you had? so many people tell me you have to have more!
  7. wendysj

wendysj New Member

I am new to the message boards and I'm in Atlanta. I had no idea how many people had cfs/fm. These message boards have been a great help.

I really just wanted to say "Hi". (I know nothing about SSDI.) :)

Good luck!

8. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Hey, hensue,

Enjoying this great weather??? Makes me hurt like ....well, you know what these low pressure systems do to our aching bodies.

To answer your question...yes, only two ailments on my SSDI papers - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Anxiety Disorder