Has Diflucan helped anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Feb 17, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Just wondering if Diflucan or something similar has helped anyone with reducing some of the candida/yeast/mold problems with CFS.
    Thanks.
    Kholmes
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kholmes:
    Yes: Diflucan helped me immensely. It was a swish in the mouth and then a swallow. It cleared me up completely.
    They kept me on it til all was well. And it does not taste bad. Good luck.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I felt so much better on Diflucan (pills) but as soon as I stopped it, all the symptoms it helped came back even though I was staying away from sugar, yeast and molds.

I had to have my liver enzymes checked every month that I was on it and when they got too high I had to stop it. My GP has never forgiven my CFS doc for putting me on Diflucan because he feels that it messed up my liver.

But I felt so much better!!

Pepper
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

bummer for me
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Did any of you have little yeast sores in corner of mouth. I've had this forever and finally new dentist gave me Nystatin cream with cortisone and it cleared up in a day. I guess if I get the sores there my yeast is back? What do you think?

Love Anne C
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

One place my CFS doc checks for candida is in the mouth so I would guess that yours is back.

Pepper
  7. I did one month of Diflucan, (pills)

For systemic candida, and did not notice any difference in how I felt, and my levels have not been tested again, by my integrative medicine doctor, but he is wanting to treat me again soon.

However, my pain clinic doctor ordered blood tests last month, and my liver and pancreas enzymes were high, I did not know this med could affect the liver. Oopsie!

Take care...

Laura