Has Fibro affected your eyesight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doglover5, Dec 12, 2006.

1. doglover5

doglover5 New Member

Just wanted to see (LOL) if any fibros/CFS are haveing trouble with there eyesight. I were bifocals. Somedays it as if my glasses don't work at all and other days my glasses work fine. Just wanted to know if this is something other people with fibro/cfs experience or if its just me.
    ReGards
  2. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Mine has! A LOT! To the bad of course. But I was striking it up to old age (36)
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

YES!

And I have 20/20 and don't wear glasses at all. I've really noticed my antidepressant can affect my vision at times. I've had terrible floaters when I upped the dose and had to reduce it for that reason.

Jeanne
  4. doglover5

doglover5 New Member

Thank God I'm not crazy. I'm sure I need another checkup. After the first of the year I'm going to Sarasota for the new High Definition Laser examination which is suppose to give you a more accurate perscription. I'll let ya'll know how that turns out.
    Thanks for your responses.
  5. MelaC

MelaC New Member

I was also going to ask this question as I wear verifocals and still have a terrible time with my eyes changing. As everyone has said it changes from day to day.

My ophthalmologist tells me it is very common and she has some patients who have anything up to 4 pairs of spectacles. A very expensive solution which I am sure most of us cannot afford.
  6. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I needed glasses since 2nd grade [I remember being teased so much]. This was also the year that my sinus pressure troubles started...and brain fog...and being called "lazy".

Over the years, I've studied "myopia", near-sightedness and its described as an elogation of the eyeball. I've steadily gone up to a -6 diopters. Can anyone say, "I wear Coke Bottle glasses?"

Theory: What if its an infection (virus?) that puts pressure on the eyeball and elongates it.

How many CFS/FM people are near-sighted?

How many RECOVERED CFS/FM people have noticed that their vision is improving?
  7. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

Asked the Opthamologist about that a couple of years ago and he told me there was no concrete evidence that FM caused problems in the eye, What a stupid thing to say, as FM does cause problems with muscles and the eye is included in that.

I never started wearing glasses until I was 48. My eyes never changed for a very long time, then when the FM came along, my right eye seemed to go downhill. One day it would be really bleary and the next just fine. Still is that way. I now have chosen to wear my glasses all the time, for the ease fo finding the darn things.
  8. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Yes it has. Somedays I'm fine and other days my vision is very blurred and no glasses help. At time I also loose my depth perception. This can be scary if you are driving!!
  9. skit

skit New Member

I started getting CFS about 11 coming on v gradually. At the age of 17 I started having bad eye strain from reading and then had to drop out of uni and ever since have had to work in jobs that involve very little eye work (I'm now 39 and finally had to stop work 5 years ago). My vision is constant and OK with glasses for everything except reading. I have gilberts syndrome which is a liver condition and this may well be at the root of it. Been to 4 different eye hospitals in England and they seem to have no insight or interest in investigating it - they just rattle off their standard tests and when those dont show anything they give up and say there's no more they can do for you. It has improved by about 30-50% when I've been to asian countries for some reason I've not sussed and I've actually thought about emigrating to one. Oh yeah and I've had sinus trouble too and only recently realised that I have restricted breathing through my nose - some kind of rhinitis.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2006]
  10. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

definitely yes