Has Neurotin quit working for anyone after taking for a few mo's?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzyloon, Aug 17, 2005.

1. suzyloon

suzyloon New Member

Just wondering... I have been takinng for a few months now and feel that this week it hasn't eliminated the pain from my arms and legs like it has in the previous days... Wondering what is goin on!!

Thanks,
    Suzy
  2. suzyloon

suzyloon New Member

please reply... just need to know if it stops workin after awhile?
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

You might call your doctor.You may need a stronger dose.Have you overdone recently?Sometimes it takes a while to heal.Linda
  4. suzyloon

suzyloon New Member

I made shish-kabobs on Monday night. standing on my feet. How sad that that could cause my legs to hurt more. neurologist just upped my dosage. I am now taking 900 mg 3x a day.. seems super high dose to me... I feel like I have constant dry mouth. Oh well. Thanks for the reminder that what ever little thing I do could effect me for days... I am new to all of this.

Suzy
  5. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

I began taking Neurontin (1 at night) when I tested positive for ulnar neuropathy in both arms. I had surgery on my left elbow in 2002 and after finally being diagnosed with fibro in 2004 (I've had it for years), I asked the doctor to up my dosage. He wrote my script for 3 per day. Along with my other meds, it does seem to help. I would not want to be without it, especially considering the fact that I do have ulnar neuropathy in my right arm as well.

Hope this helps with your question.

Pam