Has this ever happened to anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ericdinbstn, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

I was just prescribed Ultram and Zanaflex for FMS on Friday. I also take Celexa (which I'm beginning to taper off so I can start Cymbalta). Anyway, on Saturday night around 3am I woke up feeling very dizzy and disoriented and I think I blacked out for a moment. All I remember is walking around the bathroom in circles before I finally realized where I was and went back to bed. Thankfully I was at home, but the effects didn't fully wear off until this morning. Just curious if this has ever happened to anyone and if it's just from my body getting used to new meds? Not sure, but it was really frightening.

Eric
  2. yuckie

yuckie New Member

Hi Eric,

When I first started taking Ultram I thought the one pill I took wasn't working so I took another about 3 hours later. I'm very sensitive to meds. Anyway, the exact same thing happened to me. I woke up in the middle of the night, dazed, dizzy, nausea and I walked circles in our living until I fell on the floor. I may have passed out. I was so frightened. I believe it was the Ultram. That's been almost 2 years ago. I'm still taking the Ultram and am very thankful for it but I never take more than prescribed. Good luck and take care.
  3. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

I don't take those meds, or any other western meds except Lunesta for "some sleep" as I'm extremely sensitive to medications, to name a few. However, why I'm replying is the the waking up "around 3am" not well part. I ALWAYS seem to wake up at 3am horribly sick, nauseated, woozy, etc., and either can't go back to sleep or doze off and on from there. Been like this for years. I also wake up each and every morning like I have the horrible flu, pain and without listing all the other symptoms.

You should definitly inform your doctor of this to make sure it's not the meds.

Good luck!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki