Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Nov 10, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I know that having fibro and other chronic pain problems can make you tired. But this is really ittatating to me and I don't know why it happens to me.

The problem is that every time I get on the computer to read e-mails or posts, my eye's become heavy and feel like I am sleepy and need to go to sleep NOW. I find that I have a really hard time keeping my eye's open to read the posts and the more I read the worse this gets. And it is starting to happen when I am posting and e-mailing.

Suddenly my eyelids have become so heavy that they don't want to stay open and I am fighting really hard to keep them open. I am not sleepy really but my eyelids seem to think that they are tired and need to be closed.

I have not taken my pain meds for over 6 hours now and I have not taken a soma since 8 am this morning. So I don't understand why now I am suddenly sleepy. I was just watching TV and since there was not a show that I wanted to watch I came here to read the posts.

And as soon as I started reading my eyelids have become so heavy that I struggle to keep them OPEN> And I don't have clue as to what or why this is happening to me.

I am squinting to keep them open now and it is hard to read that way. OR I will type wity my ey's closed and that does not work as my spelling is bad since I am not looking at what I am writing.

Sorry I can't explain this any more as I can't keep my ey's open. I am sure that there is some lead weights in them. That must be it.

Hugs,
    Rosemarie
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Try listening to music when you type.
    Also, low light levels can make some people sleepy.

CFS and FM can cause severe sleep disturbances, so try Chamomile tea, SleepyTime tea, valerian root or Kava Kava.

Add some tryptophan to the diet for night time: bananas, cashews, milk or turkey...remember how tired you get after a Thanksgiving dinner?
  3. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Have you had your eyes checked? My doc explained to me that I needed glasses because when I read, I get tired 50 times faster than the person with normal eyesight because my eyes are over compensating to see things correctly, unlike a person with normal vision. Maybe make you an eye appt? :) Good luck!
  4. kel78

kel78 Member

I'm experiencing this right now, as a matter of fact! But it's not just reading on the computer that does this to me. Anytime I read anything, I get so sleepy I can't keep my eyes open. It's very frustrating and depressing because I love to read, but it now takes me ages to get through a book because I need a nap after 5 minutes of reading.

Peace,
    Mary
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

My brain fog was so bad I couldn't read in the beginning. What I have recently figured out (4 years later) is that when you read, you are using neurotransmitters and energy. Their use creates waste products that are building up in your brain faster than they can be cleaned out. This would make me either intensely sleepy, give me a headache or make me feel really bad all over. Stop pushing and concentrate on detoxing. Clean up your diet and focus on the liver. I can't stress enough the importance of checking out Dr. Cheney's cfs protocol and Dr. Titelbaum's cfs protocol. Look them up and make sure it's the complete one and not just a small article. They are long and involved but they have saved me. I am taking the supplements they recommend and now I can read a lot more.
  6. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

That happens to me all the time and then I fall asleep sitting up right here at the computer.

It's not good, because I hurt more trying to undo my stiffened muscles and bones.

Tigger