has this happened to you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladyscarlett, Aug 30, 2002.

1. ladyscarlett

ladyscarlett New Member

Gang I was so tired last night I was in bed by 8:45 pm
    I seem to be going to bed before my husband now...I hate it but I just have the urge to rest I guess
    Anyway...I had something happen to me about 2 am and it really scared me...maybs someone can help?

I woke and found that my left eyebrow to the whole left side of my skull felt like it does when you sleep on your arm and it falls asleep
    I have never had that happen before.
    Has anyone else?
    Is it a form of mini stroke? I was really scared but it finally went away but it took awhile
    Thanks for any help you can give me Love to all LadyScarlett
  2. ladyscarlett

ladyscarlett New Member

Gang I was so tired last night I was in bed by 8:45 pm
    I seem to be going to bed before my husband now...I hate it but I just have the urge to rest I guess
    Anyway...I had something happen to me about 2 am and it really scared me...maybs someone can help?

I woke and found that my left eyebrow to the whole left side of my skull felt like it does when you sleep on your arm and it falls asleep
    I have never had that happen before.
    Has anyone else?
    Is it a form of mini stroke? I was really scared but it finally went away but it took awhile
    Thanks for any help you can give me Love to all LadyScarlett
  3. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

I think what you have been experiencing is something called parethesia which in laymans terms is numbness. I have this too and get it in different parts of my body sometimes in the central panel of my face and sometimes down the sides of my torso. It can be very disconcerting to say the least.
    Soetimes it can appear as a totally numb feeling and sometimes it sort of prickles a bit like if you,ve visited the dentist, had some novacaine and feels like the novacaine is wearing off. Does that make sense?
    If you type numbness into the search bit of this board then it should pull up all the posts that have covered this.
    It might give you some reassurance that this is a relatively normal experience for us. But I do understand that the emergence of new disturbing symptoms is scary.
    In any event it would be probably best to speak to your gp about it.
    hope this helps
    love therese
  4. herblady

herblady New Member

is it possible you could have slept wrong on that part of your face? just a thought. cindi
  5. Roz51

Roz51 New Member

HEY you never told about that sensation. Sometimes the whole side of my face goes numb. weird feeling but eventually it comes back normal. you got me bur i dont think its a seizure. email me
  6. ArkyFarmGirl

ArkyFarmGirl New Member

Yes, yes ,yes...parts of me fall asleep all of the time. If I sit in one position or lie in one position for long SOMETHING is going to feel strange. As has been said, sometimes it is just the prickly, uncomfortable thing and others it is just plain numb! Thankfully, the feeling always returns but it may take awhile depending on how long the body part has been "asleep".
    Love,
    ArkyFarmGirl
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, I have had that happen. My face, arms, feet just never know where it will be next.

But if you feel afraid, do call your Doctor and ask him about it.

The worst I had was part of my head felt dead, or numb! I though I was was a goner for sure!

Let us know if you find out anything about this.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

it's a wonder I didn't hear it snoring! Very disconcerting, since it remained numb much of the day and finally the prickly feeling faded away. Oh well, I blame everything on Fibro. My wife blames my political persuasion on Fibro. Hey, maybe large portions of my brain are asleep without me knowing it. See ya, Al
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That was funny, do you really think part of our brains are sleeping?? That would explain a whole lot of our problems.

Let me know when that arm really starts snoring!

Shalom, Shirl
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

I do get the various things on my body going numb too.Mostly-almost every night its my ear-whatever side I'm sleeping on when I wake up its numb and prickly!it goes away soon after i get up...but its still aggravating!!
    Maybe a feather bed might help us???or the heated mattress pad that I keep hearing is so great!!too bad our insurance did'nt cover these items!hey why not~
    Best to you,
    Tracey
  11. ladyscarlett

ladyscarlett New Member

It really does help to talk to someone else and find out they have had some of the same stuff happening
    I went and ate dinner out last night and got stomach cramps
    So thought...not doing that for awhile again
    so son made dinner and I still got stomach cramps
    I feel so miserable
    Met a little girl online tonight she is only 13 and has fibro
    Poor thing
    sure have to feel for us
    well I am hurting in my hips and thighs and legs and don't feel like typing anymore...just wanted to say thankyou to all who replied to me
    I just made asst manager of a fibro support group in msn
    guess the manager is feeling worse and needs help
    Hope I will be able to at least make people smile
    Love to all LadyScarlett