Has undenatured whey or Vitamin D done anything for anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Hi all,

Someone said that undenatured whey was good for MCS amongst other things.

Who has tried it and what were the effects if any?

Also I hear a lot of docs talking about low levels of Vit D - again has anyone supplemented with this and noticed a difference?

Thanks,

Bunchy x
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2006]
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I have undenatured whey protein powder in water, with some frozen fruit and lsa (Linseed, sunflower seed and almond seed mix) every morning as my morning food because my digestion is poor and I also feel shocking in the morning and do not want to eat much less prepare something.

Apparently it is easily disgested and is a balanced meal. Is that the type of undenatured whey you were talking about? My cfs doc. put me on it - makes a easy morning meal is supposed to be good for me as cfs people should not go too long between meals and this is easy. I think it is a good idea to avoid any soy protein.

I also take vit D3 - started on 250iu daily and had to build up to 1000iu daily. Started on a full tablet and go very sick - took over 6 weeks to get to full strength. There is a lot of debate re. Vit d3 and if you check the threads you will find the two sides. I believe it has helped me. BUT - it is advisable to have your levels checked first. Mine were VERY low. There is no point taking something if you already have enought in your system.
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

ImmunePro undenatured whey (bought it from this site) for about 3 months & didn't notice a difference but I read enough positive things about it to try it so I would say give it a try - maybe it will help you. AMY
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is going to make us feel noticibly better. It is a combination of things we do which help us heal and the process can take a really long time. Most people take supplements and think if they give it three months and nothing happens that they should stop because the supplement isn't helping. That's not how it works.

Healing is a process and involves not only ridding the body of toxins and pathogens but also rebuilding the whole body and immune system. Some have noticed a difference right away from taking vitamins, probiotics, colostrum, and undenatured whey, but for most of us, it can take a year before everything we are doing comes together to make us feel better. My own regimen has taken five years now. Progress has been so slow that I have to look back to when I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for pain to see my progress.

There is no magic pill or treatment for most of us. Those of us who have progressed toward healing have fought our illnesses on many, many fronts.

More and more, docs and researchers are finding the importance of vitamin D and several posts here have explained the importance. Undenatured whey is excellent for increasing gluathione in the body. Glutathione can be vital in helping us to fight our illnesses even when one doesn't notice feeling better. Getting to the point where one feels better can take a long time and requires patience and commitment.

Jfrustrated, undenatured whey should not be mixed with fruit. The acid in the fruit can reduce the whey's ability to increase glutatione. It should only be mixed with filtered water or milk. I'm going to post this under a separate post to be sure you see it. It's a shame to pay the high cost of the undenatured whey and not have it do what it's intended to do.

Love, Mikie
  5. Txslady

Txslady New Member

It's funny that you bring up Vitamin D. I have severe Osteoporasis and I take Forteo injections daily. I have my calcium and vitamin D levels checked every few months. The calcium is fine but the vitamin D level is almost none. The doc prescribed 50000 IU every week for the next 4 weeks then retest blood in 6 weeks. I did not know vitamin D could ever be in prescription form let alone in that amount. As he stated "I want to fill you up with vitamin D". I will be curious to see if this will make a difference in the Fibro symptoms.

Shannon
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Should one go specifically for Vit D3 as opposed to plain old Vit D? Can you get this form of it from a healthshop?

So many people talk about the undenatured whey but it is so expensive and I can't see more than a couple of people have really benefited from using this.

Hmmm, will have to think a bit more as I am on a limited budget.

Thanks Bunchy x
  7. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I believe Vitamin D has helped me quite a bit. I haven't tried the whey yet but unless you have milk allergies it certainly couldn't hurt. Stormyskye stated in another post that I read that you can get whey very inexpensivly.

gretchen
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The cheap stuff is nothing more than a good source of protein. The undenatured whey is specially processed to increase glutathione in the body. There is a great deal of confusion about this.

Love, Mikie
  9. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I believe that it is best to get the Vit D3 rather than a broad or general one. D3 is the one my doc. said to take. Do not let anyone try to convince you that D2 and D3 are the same. Do not need a script. Not very expensive.

But again, have a blood test to check you levels before you start, if you can.