HAS YOUR EYESIGHT GOTTEN WORSE WITH FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GLASTETTER, Sep 18, 2006.

1. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

i believe i had fm about fives years ago
    that is when the pain in my back, feet, legs
    really started. had trouble with arms much longer
    but didn't get dignosed until apr of this year

well anyway i did not start wearing glasses until five years ago and i went to the eye doc friday and she said my eyes are a lot worse than last year. i only had reading glasses but now i have to wear trifocuals. is this from the fm flare ups?

i also have alot of shaking and jerking lately

please help
    barbara
  2. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I have had a different prescription every year with my glasses since I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

Just went in last week and somehow my nearsightedness has improved. Go figure????

I can't explain it, other than if our eyes are soft tissue then they have to be affected also.

Maia
  3. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

My nearsightedness improved also, and my recent trip to the Opthamologist showed nothing was wrong--but I can't see!!! I get "starburst" effects around headlights even in the daytime, my vision is fuzzy, my eyes feel funny, and all the other myraid tests show nothing!!!??? Yea, I blame it on the fibro.

Best to you,

Foggygirl
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I have a lot of weird eye symptoms.

First thing is the morning my eye sight is really blurry. I find it hard to focus (but then my brain is really blurry too, lol)

I also get a lot of migraines so my vision blurs and I am extremely light sensitive.

I have taken to wearing polarid sunglasses in department stores because their florescent lights really hurt my eyes. At first I was worried I looked weird but now I just don't care.

hugs Marion

5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have blurred vision a lot now.
  6. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

which can affect the eyes. This is caused by contamination from cat feces and can be picked up by a scatch, digging in dirt where cats may have deficated, or other such contact.

You might want to have that test done.

Foggygirl
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

This is very interesting to me. I had cataract surgery in August (seems like all month) and had ReStor lenses implanted after the surgeon told me I was a good candidate for them.

I haven't seen well since then and my sight seems to fluctuate. Some days are better than others and it seems to relate to how I feel otherwise!

Soft tissue indeed. Good thought.

Marta
  8. jana15

jana15 New Member

My eyes do all sorts of weird things too which I put down to my fibro/CFS. My Dr believes my eye muscles get just as tired as the other muscles in my body which also refuse to work at times. Like my legs will refuse to hold me up or my hand will refuse to continue to hold my hot cup of herbal tea (ouch)

I have a contact lens and glasses, so I have a choice there but the only thing 'technically' wrong with my eyes is I now need something for reading very small script. I'm convinced newspaper print is getting smaller!It was never that small when I was younger or before I got ill.

On the days when my eye muscles refuse to work, my vision becomes blurred and nothing will bring them back into focus.Sometimes I will wake up with it and other times it will happen during the day, there's no predicting when it might happen. Frustrating yes! I find myself listening to a lot of talking books and radio on those days.

Hope this helps

Cheers Jana
  9. dr32164

dr32164 New Member

Yes, I am having eye issues too. I have blurryness often and usually one eye at a time. The opthamologist says that FM causes muscle spasms in the eye and that is what is causing my problem.
    DR
  10. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

i don't even remember if i told her i fm

thanks for all your replies

barbara
  11. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I have had new prescriptions every 6 month since I hit 40 (4 years ago). One time it got better, but the majority of it was worse. I was born cross-eyed and while appearance-wise I appear 'nprmal' I suffer from muscle imabalances in both eyes. I have wore glasses with prisms in the lens since I was quite young. The rapid changes are expensive and driving me nuts too. Even if there is a connection there doesn't seem to be a cure....or even help.