Has your rheumy given you Prednisone for Inflammation..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I hear we do not actually have inflammation.. but I DO. My primary tried me on it a year ago and while on it, I never felt better. I could do anything it seems, my pain was very little. Ofourse I had the side effects but it was so worth it.

Wondering if anyone else has been on it for FM.

If they do not use that for FM, then why did it work so well for me.
    Too bad it is so bad for us :-(

Boy, I need some now... bad flare brewing and worse by the minute. Arghhhhhh.

Hugs
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2007]
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kim,
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. I hope you feel beter soon.
    when I was first diagnosed, my Dr. (Integrated Medicine- an M.D.)prescribed Prednisone because I was still having the efects of an anaphalectic shock raction I had has previously. She didn't keep me on it very long because it is, evidently, very hard on the internal organs. - especially the liver.

Good luck,
    Terry
  3. CrymznWych

CrymznWych New Member

Like you, I felt wonderful, normal for the first time in a long while. But unfortunately, prednisone is a steroid...
  4. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I was prescribed prednisone a few years back when I had sudden hearing loss in my left ear. The doc knew I had fibro and told me ahead of time to go out and enjoy myself because my pain would subside while on the prednisone.

He was right, and I had a ball! Unfortunately, I went right back to my old painful self after I got off the prednisone, and had to get electrolosis to remove all the facial hair I'd gotten with prednisone! It also restored my hearing-hooray!!
    Mini
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I have been put on prednisone 3 separate times for FM and inflamation. I felt way, way better for a couple 3 monthes. It really helps me. Each time I was just put on a strong dose for a week.

I think they are wrong about Fm not having inflamation. I sure have it, my sed rate is always high.

Sandy