Have a question about Bruce Campble

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ellie-b, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ellie-b

ellie-b New Member

I really enjoy reading the posts but don't say much myself. But a while back a bunch of articles were posted, very good. I looked up the on "The Patient's Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia" By Bruce Campbell, Ph.D.Has anyone taken the class or read the book? What is your opinion? It sounds interesting and could be effective.
    thans ellie
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

What do you mean about the nose stuffed up at bedtime?

I get this occasionally and never thought to correlate with how I feel when I wake up in morning.

What am I missing?
  3. vickiw

vickiw Member

I printed the book from the web site and read it. I found it to be very helpful. I also find keeping a log gives me a good perspective on how to cope. I adapted the log to a version that I keep on Excel and I use the Excel chart function to give me a good visual.

I don't feel any better since reading the book and keeping the log, but I cope better and hope to avoid getting any worse.

I didn't take the online course. I've always wondered how effective that would be. I've never seen post here from anyone that has taken the course.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

For me, it was not helpful for 2 reasons...

-I had an exacerbation of my fatigue and so could not keep up

-For me and I know many others, the lethargy was still very present, as it still often is... & at the time it felt like it could be procrastination, something I'd gotten over a long time ago so was puzzled by its re-appearance;

but now as I look back, because of the increasing fatigue, I truly think it was lethargy. And along with lethargy for me is lack of motivation for anything, even things that I truly love doing.

I know that when I am feeling improved, I do not feel the need for such courses to 'get going' again... altho the course did help to emphasize again to me the need for pacing. That is no small thing, of course!

all the best,
    Victoria